PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Novan-chan's AvatarNovan-chan

QUOTE originally posted by Doduo

I'm liking the new sprites so far[...]
hmm it might be cause the nose is rather light but also lime green over the dark, it may not be light enough. A possible solution is a manual edit to have shading around the nose or maybe bright the nose more. Tysm for the heads up

QUOTE originally posted by RenCringe

hi as a fan of shinxel i have some Opinions[...]
Thank you for clarifying that it was a joke, I did have a chuckle ^^ Shinxel line were of a couple variants that were updated via live stream some months ago that I hosted with Garth's help. As seen, they were given an OK to update during the 12DOC. Only the 3 lines right now, yes, but (an I believe this will answer moodawdaw's previous question) a number of other Variants will also be getting the love and care soon. It'll just be some time as I, along with the rest of art staff have been busy, and I've mainly reserved to revamping to Live Streams and maybe my free time. Shinxel line was of lines that were being revamped due to Shinxel line actually being just a recolour of Shinx line with Buizel line colours and not actually blended together as a fusion. To answer: - the ears were made smaller similar to other semi-aquatic mammals, an was made smaller due to Buizel line's having no visible ears. It was pretty much being a inbetween of a Pokemon with big ears and another with No ears. I do understand its a small detail to get use to. - Not bald. But I do understand that'll be something. It was apart of blending the lines together. The hairstyle is Buizel's line but made longer cause of the floof that is Luxray. But the amount of hair before would've slowed Fluxray down in the water, so it fitted even more with me. An it fitted nicer to separate the noraml and the mega a bit more, with Mega have Luxray's floof to charge an discharge so much electricity. - I see that eye brow at 1st glance that it seems like larger eyes, I can check into that soon when I'm available. Possible solution is lining and shading those areas a bit better. tysm!

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

shiny fluxray has eyeliner now and i find that very, very hilarious. in a good way.
Glad its a good way but also I'm very much enjying these eyeliner comments ^^

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

I have nothing againts the revamp in itself[...]
I had to double check Shinxel to check that. Shinx is very similar with that flat look on its face, with the highlight ONLY being on the headtuff. I can possibly go an fix that on Shinx as well as well as adding it to Shinxel, tysm for pointing it out! hmmm I think the green is nice, personally. But Aye I understand its not everyone's cup of tea. But TBH, there needs more yellow albinos >> While not with Shinxel and part of its fusion, I would SO love it for other Pokemon.

QUOTE originally posted by moodawdaw

im with rencringe and everyone else[...]
Monkeys aren't the only mammals with them ears, an Chimchar line has shown us they be BIG lol but I understand. particially said with RenCringe, the smaller ears were made as a inbetween of the large ears an no ears. I had sevearl examples of ears, but it was between these ears an keeping the normal ears and the smaller was the nice inbetween when redesigning the fusion. As for the markings. I, personally, think the Markings being done over the tuffs is really hecking cute. I moved them to be together since they were around the same spots and I didn't want to remove the tuffs of fluff from Shinx an Luxio. On Fluxray they remain as just markings. To answer about the other revamps I did, like the Apoc. Growlithe you have there. The Apocs are of those not revamped/finished yet, so they won't be brought to the site til at a later time. Like said above, I mainly have been doing revamps via live streams and since my last one I haven't done more, due to Gen 8 and other personal situations that have been happening. So, Only Apoc. Growlithe and Apoc. Golett were made and completed since then.

QUOTE originally posted by FinalAbsolution

In any other case I'd hate the melan changes to the Shinxel line, but.. I love the melan changes. I'm a sucker for that cyan/teal-y color and I think it looks really good on them even if I still wouldn't call them 'melanistic'.
I'll be sure to let ALyssaNights know, she's worked on the recolours for the 3 Variant revamps c: In short This. This in a nutshell.
for those interested, here's the Concept I made for the Shinxel line ALL The way back before Mega Fluxray's debut. The ears were bigger in the concept, which later was made smaller.

Here's a Doodle I did of Fluxray after making the revamped sprites

Mama Fluxray an her babes
Here's the concept made for Early Bird line, and Here's the concept I did for the Blue Moon line.
I believe there was a few questions on Early Bird that some people had before? Sorry for not answering. Its rather late, so pardon for not quoting.

Early Bird

The Eyes: They were made only slightly bit bigger, funnily enough. They were given that in a small way to make them more wide awake and not totally having the distant look it usually has. The extra feathers and headcrest This was to make the design a bit more separate from normal Natu line, where its only difference before was that the normal was practically the Shiny, with a worm in its mouth AND it had a completely different shiny. The extra feathers just reminded me of those cute pictures of adding feathers into your bird's head and the headcrest was just add on to define the eye more (which probably makes it look WIDER than it actually is) but just to further make it different. A simple marking. But would you Also believe me that the base green on This Early Bird IS ACTUALLY the normal Natu Line's green? cause it is =w= so ye, its 'dark' but its also not using the Shiny's colour. Why Weedle!? I changed it to a Weedle, mainly due to 'no real animals in Pokemon' that has been semi established by the company over the years since season 1. This is also to tie a couple dex entries that Pokemon still attack and eat other Pokemon. When compariing it to the old sprite we're all used to, yeah it can be a bit jarring. I.. just picked Weedle cause it stands out the most of the larva Pokemon. Could've done Caterpie, for the same shape, But Caterpie blends in cause it's also green. I did try to make Wurmple, but it made me so mad. So there. Weedle. But also, involving sizes, I took into mind about how the Anime and Pokemon Go have different Sizes for Pokemon. While the average height of Weedle is 1' to Natu's 08" average. Pokemon come in various sizes. As for the colours between the S/A/M, its Shiny for the Albino and melan so that its a bit different than having a normal Weedle throughout. And Let's be Honest, on PFQ, SHinies are common, 2nd to Normals. It wasn't made to matching because They'd be grabbing for the 1st thing, be VERY unlikely that it would be the same variant type. Purrlion was explaind but Cramorant... I honestly had to go look back, Gen 8 has been like walking through thick fog. But The same idea should be the same for Cramorant, where it grabs the 1st thing and Not for the specific colour variant. So >> It'll likely be relooked at at a later time, much with the edits of a couple other Gen 8 Pokemon that I don't believe got updated yet. again sorry its late but hope this gives a small bit of clarification? at least to some small extent.
credits
Novan-Chan and all forms of her belong to me Avatar of Novan is made by me for my use only!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page