PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in How to Breed Variants!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > How to Breed Variants! >

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
About Variants!
Variants are a kind of PFQ exclusive. Like other breedable exclusives, they are much harder to breed than regular pokemon due to their lowered egg production rate. However, unlike other breedable exclusives, variants have special breeding methods besides the standard put-two-of-the-thing-you-want-to-breed-together method. These special breeding methods actually produce more variant eggs than the standard breeding method! While both methods will work, if you're looking to get more variant eggs, try out the special breeding method if you can! You will know you've got the special breeding method when the "(!) This couple may produce something unexpected!" message appears under your pair in the Daycare! When breeding variants, you will also get normal eggs of the pokemon the variant is based off of. Don't fret! This is normal, and you will get a lot more normal eggs than variant eggs. Just keep clicking! Make sure to buy the SpyGlass so you can distinguish different eggs from each other in the daycare! You can buy the SpyGlass from the Daycare page, or from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. If you just want to get the egg for the dex, I recommend checking the "Keep me notified of how many Eggs are being held" option on the Daycare page! It will tell you how many eggs, and more importantly, how many different kinds of eggs you have! It will help you know when the variant egg you're looking for is made! If you want advice on how to hunt variants, check out my thorough Exclusive Hunting Guide! It has everything you'd ever want to know about hunting exclusives, which includes variants!
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page