PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Implementing A 'Block' Feature >

Amanome's AvatarAmanome

QUOTE originally posted by Briellestar

I have nothing to contribute here that hasn't already been said, I just wanted to join the masses in saying we need a block feature because the fact I'm being clicked everyday like clockwork by people all but flatout saying that I - and every other person with black genes - deserve to be murdered because we're ~statistically more likely to commit crimes~ is alarming. If there's never going to be some kind of rule to prevent political/real world issue talk then I feel like this is the least staff could consider to do. I came here to hatch Pokemon, not be stressed over who I should interact with because their profiles are full of hate-speech, if I can actually report it, and if they're about to bombard me with hateful PMs. This discussion has been going on for 3 months and 50 pages (not to mention all the times it's apparently been rejected) and we still don't have a definite answer on whether or not it can or will be done despite seemingly every possible angle of it being brought to the table. I've generally kept to myself for the 3 years I've been on this site so to be honest I don't even know if there's any POC currently on staff, so I'm not sure if they can see things from our perspective, but I'm imploring y'all to try to understand what me and many others are going through and at least try to implement some version of this feature if you care about the site's users. This wasn't meant to be a dig at the staff or how the site is run, I just wanted to add my two cents to the discussion because I didn't feel my vote in the poll was enough. And for my own sake I'll state this: I'm not interested in arguing with random users who might disagree on what I'm trying to say. You're of course free to do so but I won't be responding to quote-posts telling me that my discomfort with racists is a "me" problem.
Yo! o/ You called for a staff member that is a person of color? First off, it's rude to assume that there are no ethnic/non-white members on staff, especially when you have been keeping to yourself for about 3 years. Not knowing whether or not we're POC is expected - it's not something we do or should need to advertise. The color of our skin is irrelevant. Just because I am a person of color, it doesn't make my opinion weigh more than the rest of you. Just because someone isn't a person of color doesn't mean that they cannot try to understand where you're coming from. Frankly, I'm not sure what you mean by "our perspective"? I really hope you're not lumping everyone who responded to the thread under your own personal opinion umbrella. When you say "our perspective" you are trying to set a division between staff and the userbase - which isn't okay. We reopened this thread for discussion because we realized how important it was to the userbase and wanted more user input on what features you all want to see. We're reading all of the responses that you guys make and discussing your feedback. Your "I'm imploring y'all to try to understand what me and many others are going through" insinuates that we're not planning on doing anything and are just leaving the thread open for show. The whole reason of the suggestion was to get user input on what features that want to see, so that way we can see about what we can and can't implement. So..I'm not exactly sure what purpose your call for arms served xD Honestly, I've been keeping up with this thread and I'm ashamed at the route it has taken. It's no longer about the blocking suggestion. This thread has devolved into an arena where people can argue with one another about their political opinion. Yes, this can be a sensitive topic for some individuals, however that doesn't make the behavior I've seen acceptable. Cele has posted warnings in this thread and it's been locked a total of 3 times. For a feature that is so significant for some of you, it makes me sad to see you all at each other's throats for things that don't have any relation to the topic at hand. This isn't the "OMG This user is racist!" thread. It's a suggestion thread created to discuss the implementation of a blocking feature on-site. Sensitive topic or not, this aggressive behavior does need to stop. If it continues, unfortunately we will have to lock the thread. We want this to be a last resort because once we lock it, we will have to go based on what is currently in the thread despite the fact that there are questions that could still be asked or more solutions provided. If you want to provide input for the thread then you're more than welcome to - just keep the discussion civil and behave appropriately. If you personally cannot handle this, then please refrain from posting in the thread. It is impolite to get a thread that is important to a lot of users locked for a final time solely because you couldn't conduct yourself in an appropriate manner. And no, this is not towards you specifically. It's a being used as a generic reference. I would like to toss this reminder to you guys. The reason why the blocking feature is so hard to implement is because the foundation for PFQ was meant to be on Facebook - we were created to be a game located on Facebook. Facebook has their blocking feature ingrained to the system that they have set. Because of this, we were going to be relying on Facebook to execute the blocking features. To be honest, PFQ was not built to handle a blocking feature - that alone would be enough of a reason for us to continuously reject this suggestion. Instead, we've left the thread open and are doing everything in our power to find a way to make this work in our system because it's a feature that a vast majority of users want and something we want to provide for you guys. Staff isn't saying "No, we're not doing this." We don't need you guys to convince us to implement it. That's already been decided. Now, we're requesting user input on features revolved around the suggestion.
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Buying for zc - 60zc ZC UFT: 2 Free Toyhou.se Codes PM me! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
code: izu.ku| bkgd
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page