PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Dev Log 204

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log 204 >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Time for a mini-Dev Log! No Q&A right now, but we've seen your questions and will be formulating answers to them soon - that is if we haven't already answered them directly in DLD or in a previous DevLog post. I just wanted to announce a change! Change is good! Especially this one. Having considered recent complaints about Arceus Rank, I've made an improvement to how Long Chain Bonus works. If your rank is below Champion, or at Arceus, then nothing changes for you. But if your rank is Champion (ie. the rank below Arceus - the one you get demoted to until you get any new things we add to the game), you instead get this new benefit: The Long Chain Bonus will gradually scale up in both power and cap, the closer you are to Arceus rank. So if you just hit Champion Rank, you don't get any particular bonus yet, but as you get closer and closer to completing your EggDex and PokéDex, both the "strength per 100 Eggs" and the "max Long Chain length" increase. Arceus Rank will still be a nice boost, as the scaling doesn't go all the way up. There's a little jump up when you max out your rank. So it's definitely still worth pursuing Arceus Rank, but it's no longer as much of a drop if you don't do it immediately.

Maths for nerds

Let Emin and Pmin be the EggDex and PokéDex goals for reaching Champion Rank. Let Emax and Pmax be the goals for reaching Arceus Rank. Let Ecurrent and Pcurrent be your current EggDex and PokéDex completion. Progress is then defined as: E = (Ecurrent - Emin) / (Emax - Emin) P = (Pcurrent - Pmin) / (Pmax - Pmin) E and P will independently scale from 0 to 1 and you progress from Champion Rank up to Arceus Rank. Scaling is defined as: S = 0.75 * E * P S will scale from 0 to 0.75 as E and P increase. Note that the optimal progress is attained by keeping E and P as close as possible while increasing both of them. If you only bother to fill one Dex, the other stays around 0 and drags your Scaling down. The Long Chain bonus defines two parameters, Pow and Cap, as follows: - If your rank is below Champion, Pow = 1%/100 eggs and Cap = 50 - If your rank is Arceus, Pow = 1.5%/100 eggs and Cap = 100 - If your rank is Champion, Pow and Cap are linearly scaled between the above values, using S. Finally, the Long Chain bonus is calculated using C, your current chain length: LCB = min(floor(C/100), Cap) * Pow When you hatch a Shiny, your Albino chances are then boosted by LCB.
I hope this helps, and further updates may follow based on how things go. One thing I've learned recently (-cough-Scours-cough-) is it's not a great idea to make promises :p (but we did get 2FA so that's something!) What I can say is that I've got a "step two" idea for another buff but that one might not turn out to be possible so I'm not even going to detail it just yet. Work in progress! Please continue using the previous DLD thread for questions and discussion on this update!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page