PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Roles

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Roles >

Disaster Response Pokémon - Luxray

Sinnoh is a cruel region. The freezing cold blizzards in the north, the treacherous mountains in the center, and the urbanization in the east and west makes Sinnoh a pretty hard place for a wild Pokémon to live in. Sure, some benevolent humans could offer shelter to these poor Pokémon, but you can't expect an injured Pokémon to be open to a much larger creature with dangerous technology's help. My trainer works with a team that helps rescue trapped or otherwise injured Pokémon after a natural disaster strikes, such as a blizzard, landslide, what have you. My partners in crime, I should say, are an Abomasnow, Machamp, and Togekiss. And I'm a Luxray. Our trainer also has a Purugly, but she stays back in his house in Eterna City. We do too whenever we have downtime. When we've got work to do, I look for Pokémon that might be hiding or buried underneath rubble. Luxray like me are known for having some pretty damn good eyesight. X-ray vision. In the wild, it's to find either prey or lost packmates. We're also super fluffy, so some of the littler guys like clinging to me if I find 'em. Togekiss is a sweetheart. He's reassuring and doesn't let anyone give up hope. His job is to get an aerial view of the area and to help calm scared Pokémon. Togekiss aren't the least bit intimidating, unlike the rest of our team. Seriously, it's a ball of feathers with a giant never-fading smile. Who would look at that and think it's scary? That's why Togekiss is perfect for the job. He'll say some comforting words, make sure the Pokémon aren't in shock, all that. Doesn't hurt that Togekiss is a decent healer, either. Yeah, humans can't understand Togekiss, but his species is apparently a "good luck charm" or something, so they still trust him. Machamp is, oddly, the only female on our little rescue team. She carries Pokémon to shelter, since... Well, she's a Machamp. That's what they do, carry heavy weights. She's a bit terrifying though, as you'd expect from a giant wall of sheer muscle. Her job is easier than anyone else here, though. She carries. She lifts. That's really it. Pokémon weak to Fighting, which are abundant, don't usually want her to carry them either. Humans often don't really care, they're just happy someone came for them. Abomasnow naturally know their way in and out of Sinnoh's harsher climates. Ours does just that, finds places that people and Pokemon might be taking shelter, and lets us know. Humans and Pokémon recognize Abomasnow as a nature guardian, so they know to trust him. Abomasnow's huge size and bipedal stance also makes him good at carrying Pokemon to safety, though he can't carry things as heavy as Machamp can. Last month, our job was taking care of a major landslide at Mt. Coronet. Lucky that no towns or cities were affected, but there's always humans that like hiking or camping on Mt. Coronet, so we couldn't ignore the possibility that it was more than just Pokémon trapped. And that possibility came true. A Torterra was standing over their trainer to guard them from any debris. Poor thing's tree was nearly split in half cause of it. Machamp and Abomasnow had to cooperate to carry that Torterra back to safety, but the trainer wasn't an issue for them. That trainer couldn't have been older than 13, what were they doing there? Machamp and Abomasnow carried Torterra until there was enough flat surface for it to walk, but it was still in a massive amount of pain. Togekiss and I spotted a few trapped Clefairy who were trying to use Metronome to free themselves. It wasn't working, but one somehow hit me in the face with Sacred Fire. Yeah. The Clefairy that did that felt SUPER bad, but I thought it was hilarious. We... Were too late for some of them. That's never a fun sight. Togekiss takes it the worst out of all of us, since he's a Pokémon of peace and joy. We took everyone we managed to save over to Oreburgh City, the closest human settlement from the side of the mountain we were on. The humans were taken to a hospital and physical therapy if they needed it, and the Pokémon were taken to the local PokéCenter, either for shelter and rehabilitation or for medical treatment. Hopefully we have to wait a while longer before we're needed again.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. he/him. here's my journal which happens to include spoilers. want decent art at a decent price? click the button below!
© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page