PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in User Block Option

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected > User Block Option >

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
if someone is a 'victim of abuse' on this website if someone is being abused On This Website mods need to know. if we have blocks that require you to fill out a report, what's stopping people who are in this position from doing that already? why can't people who are being abused(tm) on this site fill a report? what if someone is having a panic attack, like you claimed, and is unable to fill out the report necessary in order to block someone, so now they can neither block the person nor report them? i thought the problem with reporting was that you couldn't do so from stress; how would making you fill a report with a block solve the problem? the suggestion of a more 'friendly' report layout with checkboxes sounds like an entirely different suggestion than this one, and sounds almost counterproductive, making the report a big ol form that could be harder to approach than just telling someone what's wrong, but i digress. even if it was implemented, i dont know why it would need to come bundled with a blocking function, if just the report function is what is needed to be modified. also, i don't know what corner of this website you're using that regularly dives into such heavy topics like politics that would be brought up and discussed in a way that would be actively distressing, but like....it certainty isn't anywhere on my radar. there's plenty of places on this website that is 100% free from that content. if you don't want to be exposed to it and just want to chill out, believe me, that's totally possible on this website. (fun fact: you dont need to go on the forums AT ALL to enjoy this website! you can even steer away from the trades forum if you're that anxious! there's a lot of stuff to do you can do by yourself! you don't need to go into discussion forums or journals!) and if the problem is stuff that you know about a person because of things they said offsite....that stuff's offsite, more than likely on a platform where you can block said person. you aren't being exposed to it here. if people say abusive things on this site, they can and will be punished, as long as mods are notified of it. a huge reason why PFQ doesn't have a block function is because, unlike most websites, PFQ is MODERATED. People are NOT ALLOWED to say messed up stuff here. People can and will be held accountable if they say something harmful, or hurt other users, especially if it goes as far as abuse. And instead of things being reported and maybe in 2 months you'll get an automatic email saying it'll be looked into; the moderation is extremely responsive, usually getting back to you well less within a day (sometimes even just an hour or two!), especially if it's a serious matter. You don't need to block here because people don't have free reign to say or do whatever they like with little to no consequence, unlike other sites.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page