PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in PokéFarm "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > PokéFarm "Reboot" >

QUOTE originally posted by Camwoodstock

Question: Could we transfer PF1 pokemon too?
Yes.

QUOTE originally posted by Braìxen101

HOLD UP can we transfer threads
No. The forums are being rebuilt so that we can have a proper permissions-based system. The database for that is also going to be completely re-done. Fortunately, PFQ is remaining open so you can copy and paste any relevant information for any threads that you would like to bring over.

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

How many of the quests are going to be randomly triggered? Cause having quests randomly come up when I'm clicking I don't think I'd like it (but I'm too addicted to PFQ to not give PF3 (PFR?) a chance)
No random triggers.

QUOTE originally posted by Çelestanê

Since most of questions I had were answered, I'm not nearly as frightened I was before, thank gods =) I have one question left though - will our badges information be transferrable too?
As long as they can be, yes. Like I said - as much progress as possible will be saved. We haven't got to seeing what can and can't be done right now but the aim is to make it work, against any and all odds that are presented to us. It should be doable but we don't want to promise yes if it turns out that we simply can't. Then we'd have lied and that's just not okay.

QUOTE originally posted by EveRiddle

With the latest update to the announcement a lot of my concerns have calmed. Though I'm still hung up on some things. The first being the browser compatibility, will you be releasing a list of browsers that won't be compatible? I am concerned that I would have to change browsers, and if at all possible I would rather avoid doing so. With the 'story quest' things or whatever it's likely to be called will we be able to skip dialog or like I have been doing in those story events that is simple fast clicking to get past things? See for me the only thing that interests me in any game; exceptions being Etrian Odyssey series, and Rune factory/story of seasons series; is actually doing stuff be it clicking, collecting, or fighting; I rush through dialog cause it just well boring for me.
Unfortunately, there are just some browsers that are, frankly put, on a technical level... Better than others. Chrome will definitely work. Firefox will almost certainly work based on its current development. Edge is currently the one that we're most liable to have issues with... BUT Edge is actually changing to be Chromium-based so chances are that when they do update it, it'll be fine... And this is merely early development so it's gonna be ages before we release anything. Chances of them having updated are relatively decent, that in mind. Safari unfortunately, technically speaking... Sucks - to the point that Niet literally has a class called "safarisux" where it detects that you're on safari, it will change how tooltips work so that they actually work on Safari because it tries to do clever stuff that... We don't want it to do. Because it's not clever. >:/ /fitesSafari

QUOTE originally posted by Camwoodstock

Suggestion: Will we eventually see the storyquest engine be used for like, quests that were like how they were on PF1? Maybe it's my inner Adventure Game fan speaking, but I loved those and we never got a long-term equivalent for them on PFQ.
It's something we could do. Optional sidequests - story-related additional content for people to enjoy. Would be nice to have that come back with a new lick of paint eh?

QUOTE originally posted by RenCringe

Hi! Assuming held items are carried along, will we only need to dex the 'default' forme of a Pokémon to transfer other formes? Foor example: dexing a normal Rotom will allow you to transfer a Wash Forme, dexing an Aegislash blade forme will allow you to transfer shield forme. Thank you!
Why not just transfer everything and not care about any of that :p

QUOTE originally posted by EvilAngel

I have another question: WILL held items be transferred too?
Worst case, it'll make you take them off before you transfer them but that should be avoidable and items that are held should be transferrable without issue.

QUOTE originally posted by EvilAngel

Most people (including me) don’t like to look back at recent posts because sometimes they would take a long time to look through. I mean... why would somebody want to look at a whole 24 pages?
To save my sanity from repeating myself over and over. Just look for my responses, no? :p

QUOTE originally posted by UNDYNEgeno

what if you want to start all over in the reboot? is it required to transfur all the items?
Then please feel free to start over if that is what you want to do :)

QUOTE originally posted by Helly25

As a bit of an off-note, Niet took note of people mentioning living dex's and has said that whatever system he implements for the transfer of things should not require the rebuilding of said living dex.
How does this go together with saying we need the normal dex entries to transfer pokemon? I have more than 800 unique normal pokemon in my living dex so far and requiring the normal dex entries to send them over to PF3 almost equals starting the living dex all over again.
It doesn't go together at all. Literally the whole point is that we took the feedback that was given and adjusted the plans xD

QUOTE originally posted by Lunar Ghost

Would it be possible for us to keep the old navigation bar? As cool as the new one is it looks a bit confusing to me. Personally I dont like the overly compressed look and think it would just make me have to click a few times more to go to the same places I can now with just one click. Also just a thought but does anyone remember the original pokefarm's badges? I loved the little challenges we had to do to obtain them and it was really satisfying to have them on our page. I know we have the type badges already but could we possibly have side-quest badges and missions again too? It was super fun completing them and I kind of miss all my little achievements.
I'm afraid the answer to your first question is no. You might not like what Niet has put forward so far but the whole point of showing you is to get feedback so it can be improved upon. Stagnation is not a good thing where you can do better. Tell us what the issue is and we can work to make something better c: With the new build we already have vague concepts of sidequests prepared which would of course bring with them rewards of this, that and the other. Vaaaaague~ o:
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page