PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas' >

sëlkïr's Avatarsëlkïr
  • Back when you were a Newbie, what were the questions you had that you felt you had a hard time getting answers to yourself?
    • What pointers do you wish you had been given?
    • What resources did you find the hardest to locate?
  • What traits do you think a good Mentor should have?
    • eg. Patience
  • What interests you the most about having an official Mentor program?
  • What concerns do you have in regards to there being an official Mentor program?
  • Can you think of anything else that would be helpful to consider?
    • Let us know!
When I first started, the forums were definitely the hardest thing for me to understand. ^-^ I'd never really played any games with forums before, so this was new to me. I think if I'd known about the Guides section, I would have had a much easier time starting out. I'm sure I had other problems starting out but it's been.. almost five years? Any problems I had might not even be relevant anymore with all the updates. Pointers I wish I'd been given: I definitely wish someone had told me about Summons, since you don't get a notification or anything, I didn't even know they were there for a while >-< Also, how easy it was to trade for HM/ZC. When I first joined I assumed you had to buy it, and couldn't trade for it like a lot of other games I'd played. I know it's been said multiple times but mentors need to be patient, and remember that they've been playing x amount of time, so not everything is as obvious as they might think. ^^' They need to have the ability to answer any questions their mentee would ask. Even if they don't know the answer, they need to know where to find it, thought I guess if we're going to have a Discord group, like was previously mentioned, they would be able to ask there? I think, with the Mentor program, we may be able to get more new users to stay on the site, instead of leaving after a few days. If it wasn't for some very kind interactions with other users when I first joined, I'm not sure I would have stayed ^^' This is an opportunity to give new users an actual connection to the site. My main concern is the chance for abuse of this system. I know mentors will be picked by staff, but there's always the chance that a scammer will get through, and I'm not sure how you'd double-check for this? Assuming the majority of their conversations will be through PM, unless their Mentee reported them, I'm not sure how long it'd take for them to be caught.
Check out my shop! ^-^ I've got Summons, Gems, S/A/M, and I'm taking hunt requests!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page