PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Stripe payments update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Stripe payments update >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Due to new EU regulations, I'm having to update how we use Stripe. Basically, the EU requires stronger customer authentication starting September 2019. This is good, but it does require some changes. Purchases will now go via a full-page checkout form, where it may ask for additional details such as cardholder name, country and post/zip code. Just as before, these details are securely processed by Stripe and are used for authorisation purposes to ensure that you are the cardholder. The process is also changing from instant to almost-instant. This is to allow for things like both Stripe and your bank verifying the payment through their fraud-detection systems, which is usually instant but may take a few moments. In any event, you will continue to receive an email when payment is complete. And, if anything does happen to go wrong, everything is logged so I can always retrieve it and complete it manually - so no worries there! The ZC page will be temporarily unusable while final tests are done. This post will be edited when testing is complete. EDIT: Testing is complete and everything seems to work. Yay!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page