PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daily backup failure + potential changes

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Daily backup failure + potential changes >

Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

The number of people online at the time of the backup is a non-issue. There could be 3,000 people online and the only reason that would take longer is because of the fact that 3,000 people online would mean we're generating about 3x the information we are now (at the peakest of times) :p
I was actually noting this for the people wondering how active that time was. It is the time that seems to be the least active during the day (and Niet said there are usually about 300 online at the time) and I just wanted to add some numbers. Today the backup took a whole 10% longer!!! So 11 minutes >_< And there were only like 240 people online. So having it remain at this time seems to make the most sense. Although I do like the idea to separate the backup into sections, where some of the critical data is backed up daily (like user pokemon, currencies, etc.) and other things are backed up slightly less often (again the problem is deciding what is less important).
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 1480
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page