PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daily backup failure + potential changes

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Daily backup failure + potential changes >

MishaBaby's AvatarMishaBaby
+1 for daily backups! As someone who has experienced the pain of losing untold amounts of stuff because of backups that were spaced out too far, I cannot be more staunch in my belief that the wait for daily backups is worth it. There are things on this site that you have to save for long periods of time to obtain, and with breeding for stats/natures/etc being a thing here... daily backups can be a real sanity-saver for not only players but also for whoever is in charge of helping people regain lost stuff after a catastrophic failure. Even if it takes an hour, that wait is still preferable to possibly loosing days of work, because let's be honest: how many of us keep track of every action we make and every poké we breed? If you've got a spreadsheet somewhere detailing every action you've ever taken on this game, that's great, but for the rest of us mere mortals, that's what the backups are for. They are the safety net to protect our data in the event that something goes wrong, and too long of a window between backups means large holes in that safety net. In the future, perhaps Niet will find a way to back up only player data on a daily basis, and backup everything else in one "big weekly backup" so that it doesn't take as long on every other day. Obviously, I'm not a coder so I have no idea if that's possible, but if that is feasible, it may be worth considering as the site continues to grow. Either way, daily backups are a must. Too much can charge for individual players from day to day, and backups that are spaced too far apart will only contribute to stress should the unthinkable ever happen. TL;DR: Daily backups for player info at least. If no way to separate, daily backups for everything. It's worth the wait!
Seeking lab born Vivillon of all colors to complete my collection; I can offer swaps of Meadow coloring. Just PM me. ♥ ALWAYS SEEKING OT Swap partners! Please PM me if you need OT swaps for anything, especially if you have Lab-Borne pokés to swap! ^.^  
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page