PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daily backup failure + potential changes

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Daily backup failure + potential changes >

Knucks's AvatarKnucks
Random thought... What would be the repurcussions of continuing on with a daily backup, but bypassing the shelter? It seems that there are just increasing number of eggs/Pokemon in the shelter, and the data size for the shelter is an influencing factor as to why it crashes there. I understand that all of us pull our eggs/breeding pairs/what have you from the shelter; but would it be the end of days if we didn't have the shelter backed up? Worst case scenario people would still have daycare eggs, and excess Pokemon in their fields, and we could all just release a bunch of stuff to populate the shelter if a catastrophe happened and it wiped all the shelter data. And along that topic... could you do a daily backup of everything except the shelter, while backing up the shelter weekly? I voted for weekly, but I am biased because most of my activity happens on the weekends due to work and other obligations, so generally speaking 5 days a week I'll be minimally impacted. So if it were possible to backup shelter separately from member's fields/parties for example; it would likely be a fair compromise between the people in favor of a week, and those in favor of daily.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page