PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

As someone who enjoys mythology, I enjoy the fact that we have something inspired by the valkyries of Norse mythology, but there's just one pet peeve that I feel needs to be addressed. For those of you who don't know how Norse Mythology works, there are basically three "families" of dieties: the giants that predated the other kinds, which are divided further into specific kinds such as frost giants and fire giants, the Aesir, which are basically war dieties that are about as mortal as dieties can be, and the Vanir, which are immortal nature gods. Valkiries are handmaidens of the Aesir god Odin, who oversees death, wisdom, etc., and these handmaidens are tasked with beinging the spirits of what the Norse called the honorable dead, the enjerhar, to a place called Vahalla. Freyja, Freya, however you wanna spell her name, she's the Vanir equivalent of Odin, and she oversees a place called Volkvangner. Here's the thing, though: I don't recall any mention of Freya actually having her equivalent of Odin's valkyries from the actual mythology

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page