PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

söbble's Avatarsöbble
Valkind is adorable; that albino is absolutely gorgeous, I love the colors and it looks so unique with that combination. However, I have to say that the shading is very, very harsh. The face is very over shaded and the color of the shading on the cloak and face is way too dark. The light source on the ears implies that something is generating light directly in front of the face, but nearly the entire face is in shadow. As for the lines on the cloak... they're too dark, there's not much else to say about that. I really wish these would be corrected; because the rest of the sprite is gorgeous. And I love the colors. The shading on the evo looks less wonky, except for the (what I assume to be) hair. It almost looks... I don't know how to describe it, flat? Part of the problem to me is that the helmet/gold pieces are shaded with so many different colors that it leaves the body looking flat in many areas and overall look like it lacks detail. The helmet / gold pieces are so nicely done, especially the helmet heck 10/10. Overall a GREAT edition, but I think some shading tweaks could really improve both sprites. The actual 'mon itself is adorable and I love the concept and both sprites - just not the shading. edit: the melan is... incredibly disappointing. the shiny is so vibrant, the normal AND albino are so gorgeous. it's just.... green. green and green. The helmet and "gold," pieces still look good but... not a fan of anything else. it's disappointing; the rest of the line is amazing color-wise.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page