PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in The Valley Between

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > The Valley Between >

Aryafire1's AvatarAryafire1

Chapter 9

It's been a week after the riots started. I haven't been out of my house since. Mother and Father are arguing more frequently; I think the stress is going to their heads. I'm starting to feel it too. I have been avoiding them as much as possible. Sometimes the riots get close, and I can hear their anger. This is getting out of control. I fear the Main Hall wont be able to stay safe for much longer.
~*~*~
Sighing on her bed, Winter heard her parents arguing AGAIN, as well as a protest hollering nearby. She stared wistfully out of her window, looking at the protesters, then looked harder at them. Some held flickering poles of light on the end. Torches! She watched them come closer, then too close for comfort as words started becoming audible in their noise. Winter yelped and grabbed her journal, a blanket and some rope, and the few other belongings she had and tied them up in the blanket. Sprinting out of her room, she yelled, "FIRE," to her mother and father. Their argument ceased immediately as her father ran and collected belongings in a blanket like Winter did, while her mother did the same. The noise from the riot was uncomfortably loud, and her mother had to shout over the din, "I don't smell any fire!" Winter hurriedly pointed outside the window at the mob, at the torches, then yelled, "I don't know any Ice beam moves!" Her mother looked at her father with a plea in her eyes, then he ran over and shouted, "Blow like you're breathing fire, but focus on the cold within you instead of the flame!" Suddenly, smoke filled the room as rioters slammed their torches into the windows, not knowing this was the residence of the one who started it all. Magmortars and Blazikens fired their attacks into the windows, destroying the front of the house. Winter's father combated the flames with an ice beam while the rioters shouted obscenities at him. "Traitor!" they yelled. "Power-hungry High Peak! Who's high and mighty now?" Winter tried and struggled to produce an icy wind, but it was too sudden to happen. She looked at her mother slashing with ice claws, then at her father blasting a beam of coldness, then grabbed both of them and bolted out of the back door. Without their ice fighting the flames, the house was quickly consumed by the fire and rage of the mob. Winter's eyes blurred with tears as the three pokemon ran away from the rioters.
~*~*~
Well away from the fire, the family found themselves outside of the city and faced with a tall mountainside. A soft crying sound was heard nearby as they trudged through the surrounding grassland, and when Winter investigated, a black and purple kitten-like pokemon lay curled in the grass. "Kisterash?" She asked, bewildered. The Kinaster looked up with fear in her eyes, then recognition flashed across her face. "Winter," she breathed. "What are you doing out here?" "What are you doing out here? And where's Lumin and Flare?" Kisterash wavered, tears brimming in her eyes, then bawled, "We were separated! There was this fire, and these protesters, and we couldn't do anything but run! Then this... this thing came and attacked Mother and Father and they told me to run and run and run away, so I did and I lost them and I'll never ever see them again!" She collapsed onto Winter, sobs racking through her body. The two Kyukori bounded over and saw Winter and Kisterash, then nodded with understanding. "We'll find them eventually," promised Winter. "Maybe they went out of the Park to escape the mobs for a while." Kisterash sniffed and nodded, then hugged Winter tightly. "Thank you," she whispered. Winter's father looked back at the city with disdain, then said, "If they went this way, then they must've escaped through that valley." He pointed at the dip between the High Peak's mountain and the Alolan Mountain. "We can't fly because of Kisterash, so we move on foot." The four pokemon started walking towards the outside of the mountain circle, Winter giving the city inside a mournful last look.
team plasma scientist challenges you to a battle!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page