PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in The Valley Between

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > The Valley Between >

Aryafire1's AvatarAryafire1

Chapter 4

Winter numbly walked into her house, having spoken nothing since her project. She was incredibly unsure if the idea was being considered by her classmates, or they were just too horrified from the fact she thought of rewriting their government. Her father poked his head from the kitchen and said, "Hello, Winny! How was your day at school?" When she didn't respond, he frowned and put down the pan he was cooking with and went over to Winter. "Winter, what happened? Did that Houndour hurt you," he prodded. "No, no, Caleb's fine! You gotta stop being worried about him," she quickly fired. "It's just... we did presentations today, and it was about Park improvement ideas." "Oh, Winter, you didn't share your 'equality in the office' idea, did you?" She nodded, tears welling in her eyes. "I don't th-think the class took it well," she sniffled. Her father sighed and pulled her into a hug. "It's ok, snowflake. Not every 'mon is as willing as you to accept change that big." Softly crying into her dad's chest, Winter nodded slowly.
~*~*~
When she arrived back at school the following day, some pokemon whispered to their friends when Winter walked by. Kisterash glared at them and marched alongside Winter, hoping to cheer her up. As they settled into her desks, Winter felt a tap on her shoulder from behind. A Riolu was sitting behind her. He whispered to her, "Awesome idea," and quickly glanced away when Professor Lotus ambled towards them. She placed papers on everyone's desk; their graded projects. "As you have noticed," Lotus said painstakingly, drowsiness evident in her voice. "I have-" she yawned "-graded all your projects... Since you did so... You have a free period. But be quiet, please." Another younger Shaymin, presumably Professor Lotus's child, stood by her desk. "Gracie will be watching over you guys. I need to go home," she sighed. As the door sighed shut, a hand instantly flew up from a Combusken. "Miss Gracie? Are you Professor Lotus's daughter," she squawked. Gracie nodded and replied, "Yes, she is my mother." Another hand, this time from the Riolu behind Winter. "I thought Legendary pokemon couldn't breed," he said. Gracie shifted her paws and said, "They do, but they only have one child in their lifetime, so they make sure their partner is 'the One.'" A chorus of soft "Huh"s rose from the class. Another hand shot up: "Can I go home, Miss Gracie?" She shook her head and replied, "No, Mother wants you to look at your project grades. However, think of it as a free period. Just please be moderately quiet." Everyone shifted seats, getting closer to their friends. Quiet but excited whispers rose from different parts of the room. Alpen slid a desk next to Winter's, and Kisterash did the same. Winter blushed and her heart fluttered as he leaned to look at her project. She looked at it as well, flipping through her annotated speech, except there was nothing marked. As she flipped to the last page, a large 100% stared up at Winter's disbelieving snout. "She... She liked it," Winter gasped.
team plasma scientist challenges you to a battle!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page