PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Acottontail's probally a journal

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Acottontail's probally a journal >

ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
Just copying over chapters from my shiny scramble thread as a back up. Still I've had little motivation to do much on pokefarm lately.

Shiny Scramble, Chapter 6, The Rock that Falls the Stars

The trio had fished lunch and was heading towards the gym. They ran into their rival, Barry. Barry:"Hunh? Oh it's you, Shiny! You finally got here?" Shiny:"Yes I did." Wish was still mad from before. I know, I'm not going to say hi to him. Muhahaha! Wait maybe that is too evil? "Hi Barry." Wish said in a dry tone. Buguitar had her scythes raised. Barry:"You're slow as always. You're so slow, the Gym Leader's long gone now." "Hey don't judge Shiny?'s speed like that. She was making sure we were able to handle what came next. I bet you didn't. In fact I challenge you to a battle!" "Yes!" Buguitar liked Wish's eagerness to battle. The embarrassment, that name. Together they could get revenge. Barry:"Um Shiny what is with your Pokemon?" Shiny:"Well Buguitar is still mad about you saying ch-that word and losing to your Starly and Wish is mad about you making him break his virtue." Barry:"How is either of those my fault?" Wish realized Barry was right. It wasn't Barry who made him break his temperance, it was completely on him. Still he called Shiny? slow... Barry:"He said he had to go... Uh... Oh, yeah, to Oreburgh Mine! I got my Badge already, so it's no big deal to me, but..." Shiny:"So I have to traverse some mines. What could go wrong. So I guess we're heading to the mines." "How do we know that Barry isn't lying. After everything he had done to us." "Buguitar were those things really his fault? He didn't mean to call you that, he was referring to the one in the back of the school. And before he was battling to win, he didn't mean to embarrass you or anything." What was this. Wish, the pokemon she trusted the most, was defending the enemy. "Your right..." Buguitar lied. The trio headed towards the mines. There was coal, coal everywhere. Shiny ran into a rare black Geodude! "Wow it's," Shiny took a closer look, "A piece of coal with an angry face on it." A miner walked up to Shiny. "That's my Geodude Coalbert. Do you like him?" "Hello Coalbert!" The piece of coal did not respond. "That's a very nice, 'Geodude' you got there, but we have to go you see..." Shiny replied. "Nonsense. Trainers always have time to battle. Go Coalbert! Who's a good boy. You are, you are. Will my little Coalbert use tackle. Yes you have a very handsome tackle." The worker talked to the piece of coal like a dog. "Oh no we are being blown away by a roar, bye." Shiny and Buguitar walked away. "Goodbye it was nice meeting you!" Wish followed. Shiny was poking around. She came across a large pile of coal. She picked up some stardust. "Hey look, I found some free money by this coal." "You know that is a slag heap right there, not coal. It is the waste sand from sorting coal. You know I joined this mining business when..." Shiny and Buguitar walked off, signaling Wish to follow. Shiny saw a Machop. "Hmm, so pokemon help out here." "Yes they do!" Answered a coal miner. "Combining our strength with pokemon makes us much stronger. Here take one of these." The man handed Shiny a super potion. "Wow, thank you." Shiny wondered how he got this, it's not like pokemarts had any. Wish was helping out the Machop slightly. "Thank you kind sir!" "Alright so the mine is right here. I know what we should do." Shiny started. She put Buguitar in the front of the party. "Why me." Buguitar stepped into the Zubat and Geodude infested cave. Almost immediately Shiny saw an X defend and picked it up. A wild Geodude appeared. After taking 6 damage and seeing the Geodude deference curl they ran. Since Buguitar's attacks did so little damage Shiny decided to avoid wild battles. Shiny spoke to the different workers suddenly, Mason:"I'm gonna let you in on a secret... I snuck my pokemon to work!" Mason promptly sent out a Machop, the pokemon everyone around here was using. Shiny wasted a turn. Machop used focus energy. "Grollrw!" The Machop scored a critical rock smash. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Rock Smash crit... Rock smash... Strike! The Machop went to the yellow, then used Rock Smash. Buguitar went in for a fury cutter, but it missed. Buguitar was at 6hp left. Wish rushed in. "Buguitar!" Wish took a rock smash. "Take a melody" but it failed. Wish took two Rock smashes. Wish fainted. Buguitar stood in shock. Wish tried to help her but failed. "A potion." Buguitar demanded. "But what if we need it latter?" "This is latter." Buguitar stole a potion from Shiny's bag and used it. Buguitar started to gather her rage... Rock Smash... Rock Smash... Strike! The Machop was down. Buguitar was breathing heavily. Mason:"Well, now aren't you something." Shiny picked up the close by potion then ran to the pokemon center. After healing the trio headed back into the mines. Shiny picked up an escape rope. Colin:"Fine, all righty then. Just a quick battle on my break!" He sent out a Geodude. Buguitar was up up. Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude spread mud all over the place to weaken electricity. Buguitar began with a fury cutter. The Geodude tackled Buguitar. "Grlolwrlworl!" Geodude tackled again. Buguitar went in for another fury cutter. The Geodude defense curled. Buguitar started to gather her emotions... crit tackle... defense curl... strike! Geodude fainted. Buguitar felt good, power flowed though her as she leveled up. She could even feel a new technique surfacing. Wish was out next. Onix tackled Wish. Wish started chanting something while taking a tackle. "Simple as can be" however the Onix was unaffected. The Onix used rock throw. Wish's wish came true and healed him. The Onix hardened twice. "Give it some words" The Onix fell asleep. Wish wiggled a stub and used memento then fainted. Wish had fainted. Shiny and Buguitar were in shock. Buguitar was out. Buguitar ran in with a fury cutter but missed. Buguitar got an idea. Buguitar bit Onix and started to use leech life. Buguitar felt like a zubat, and that was great. She went in for another fury cutter. Onix woke up and threw a rock. "Grololrw" the Onix used harden. Buguitar began gathering her emotions... harden...rock throw that missed... oh come on! The onix threw another rock but missed again. Buguitar used leech life while the Onix Hardened. Buguitar gathered her emotions again... Tackle... Harden... Strike! the onix was in the yellow and used tackle. Buguitar used leech life again. The onix threw a rock. Buguitar gathered her emotions... rock throw... rock throw... strike! The Onix had 1 hp left, and threw another rock, it was a crit. Buguitar desperately used leech life. The Onix fainted. Colin:"Wahaha! Mercy I cry Mercy!" With Wish fainted and Buguitar at 10 health left Shiny carefully walked back to the pokemon center running from all wild battles. "Wish are you okay?" "I'm great now! Wish answered. "It's just..." Wish looked at his stub, remembering the move that had caused him to faint. "It's just what just happened was terrible. I fainted and wasn't able to help you. I'm not sure if I want to use metronome again." New rule! Wish due to fear of reusing Memento can never use Metronome again, or any self fainting moves. "Alright," Shiny answered. The trio headed out again. They went to Oreburgh mines, running from everything in sight. "I wonder if that's Rowark." "What makes you think that Shiny??" "Mostly the fact that he is the only miner here that doesn't look like everyone else." Shiny answered. She walked up to the man. "Stand back and watch this. Using the hidden move Rock Smash, a boulder blocking your way..." the man said facing a rock. He choped the rock with his hand and the boulder was smashed into a million flying shards. "My wing!" A Zubat cried. "Fallen boulders need to be smashed so they're out of the way." The man said. "So is that how you beat Zubat?" Shiny asked, looking at the Zubat who was dramatically flailing. "No, Rock Smash is a fighting type move which isn't very effective on flying types. Rock types on the other hand..." Shiny thought about a geodude getting Rock Smashed. Harsh. "Still if you could get the Badge from the Gym in town, you'd be able to do this too." "Alright so where is the gym leader?" Shiny asked. "That'd be me!" Roark said. "Knew it." said Shiny. "Hello Roark sir! It is very nice to meet you!" Roark smiled, "It's nice to see you too. I'll see you at my gym if you want to challenge me." Roark walked away. "Well I know where we are going next. The gym in which I've heard in trainer school was infested with rock types. You know, the kind we don't have any normally effective moves against. This will be FUN. Buguitar looked down and twiddled her scythes. "Don't worry guys we can do this! What does Roark have that we don't?" "Resistances and years of experience." Shiny answered. "Super effective moves." "Okay maybe he has a upper hand." Wish broke out in song, 'But we can train to be strong, in the real way. We'll beat him with our friendship and our bond, in the real way. I want to inspire you. I want to be your light and when we fight to light the fire, inside of you." "That was beautiful." "That was an inspiring song Wish, but we are still at a disadvantage. What's the worst that can happen? Let's go." Said Shiny. The trio walked over the the gym. Ah, the gym. The amazingly spectacular gym. With straight forward battles. The gym leader fought fairly. Much much better than those dreaded island trials team skull told Shiny about on some forums. Unlike gyms island trials had you do some irrelevant task and they only allowed you to have out one pokemon at a time while the totem got to cheat by having auto boosted stats and an another pokemon to battle with. On days like this Shiny was glad to live in Sinnoh. A man told Shiny, "Hi there champ-to-be, you can use water and grass type moves to make things easier, not that you know any, har, har, har." Shiny moved on. Jonathon:"You avoided the long way around? Let's see why you'd do that!" Shiny:"For experience, money and to see if my team is ready to face Roark. That's why." Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude defense curled. Buguitar used leech life while geodude defense curled. Buguitar went in for a fury cutter while geodude once again defense curled. Buguitar growled in frustration. Geodude used tackle. Buguitar leeched lifed while taking a defense curl. Buguitar was growing frustrated that her attacks were only doing 1 point of damage. Buguitar gathered her frustration... defense curl... defense curl... arg! the geodude promptly used tackle. Buguitar used leech life while taking a tackle. Buguitar gathered her emotions... tackle... tackle... strike! Buguitar took out half of Geodude's remaining health. Buguitar used leech life while taking a tackle, but not any tackle, a critical hit. Buguitar began to gather her rage... tackle... tackle... strike! Geodude fainted. Buguitar could feel the experience flowing through her as she leveled up. Jonathan:"Now I understand why you wanted to battle with me." Shiny rushed to the pokemon center then went back to the gym. Darius:"Only those who want to win can challenge a pokemon gym!" Shiny:"Why would someone want to challenge a gym if they didn't want to win?" Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude used tackle. Buguitar used leech life while taking a tackle. Buguitar fury cutted while the geodude defense curled. "Grrrolollw! the geodude curled even more. Buguitar used leech life while the geodude defense curled. Buguitar gathered her emotions... tackle... defense curl... strike! Geodude's defense went even higher. Buguitar used leech life while the geodude tackled and missed Buguitar. Buguitar leaped into Geodude and finished things off with Fury Cutter. Wish was up against an Onix. Wish took a rock throw and a tackle before using pound. Wish was in for a long battle. Onix hardened. "and a sweet melody." Onix fell asleep. "Raise your voices, oh today how love grows strong now," Wish continued to sing. Wish began dancing along to the song and by mistake swung one of his stubs out. Wish used metronome. Wish watched in fear as the entire gym started to shake, an earthquake. Wish was relieved when he didn't faint. Onix woke up from the shaking and used rock throw, tackle, harden, rock throw. Wish finally started chanting something but by then it was too late, Wish had 5 health left and any attack out easily faint him. "Wish I've got this!" Buguitar took a tackle that could have been fatal to Wish. Wish's wish fully healed Buguitar. "Grolworlw!" The Onix used harden. Buguitar went in for a Leech life though it barely did anything. Buguitar gathered her emotions... tackle that was a critical hit but hardly did anything... tackle... strike! Onix had fainted. "Thanks Buguitar! We make a great team!" Wish leveled up and learned copycat to replace metronome, the move Wish now feared. Buguitar blushed. Darius:"Gggh... This is humiliating." Shiny went to the pokemon center. Shiny trained Wish a little bit in the Oreburgh mines. Wish fought a Zubat, Zubat, ran from a Shiny Geodude, normal geodude, shiny geodude, caught a shiny Zubat named Flapa after a critical pound, ran from a Geodude, fought a Zubat in what felt like 10+ turns, ran from a shiny Geodude, Onix, geodude, fought a level 8 Onix in a 20+ turn battle demonstrating the nightmare having all your attacks do 1 damage and disobedience will be at Roark's gym ending with Wish getting a merciful critical hit, and after all that Wish was level 14. Shinys encountered:19 Shinys caught:11 "Alright everyone are you ready to face the gym leader Roark?" Shiny asked. "As ready... as I'll ever get." "Yes! Don't worry Buguitar we can do this! I've got your back." "Al... Alright. Let's do this." "Okay we are going to face the gym leader." Shiny took a deep breath. Shiny walked past all of the rocks lining the gym. She walked up the stairs. "Roark. I challenge the Oreburgh city gym." "Welcome to the Oreburgh Pokemon Gym! As you know I'm Roark, the gym leader. I'm but one Trainer who decided to walk proudly with Rock-type Pokemon! As the Gym Leader, I need to see your potential as a Trainer. And, I'll need to see the toughness of the Pokemon that battle with you!" Roark sent out a Geodude. "Alright Buguitar let's go!" said Shiny. Buguitar was out first. Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude scattered a hundred pointed stones between Shiny and Buguitar, ensuring damage for any switch. Buguitar was ready. "Grrrrrroooowlwl!" Buguitar smiled at her best growl yet. A hard rock hit Buguitar in the chest. Buguitar began to gather her emotions... rock throw... rock throw... at four health left after being hit by three super effective attacks. The most important battle of her life. Buguitar jumped into the air and put her two scythes together she crashed down onto the Geodude creating a small dent. Geodude was down. Buguitar gasped in surprise, she OHKOed a pokemon who had a type advantage over her. Buguitar let out a smile, she felt amazing... and then she remembered her injuries. "Okay Buguitar I've got the next pokemon. ... Ow..." Wish stepped on a sharp rock. A large towering snake of rocks peered down at the tiny star pokemon. Wish knew he could do this. Onix let out a powerful screech. Wish began to sing "Take a melody, simple as can be." However Onix let out another earsplitting screech that drowned out the song. Onix hurled a rock at Wish, chipping Wish's health down to 9. Wish managed to catch the rock and hurled it back at Onix, but it barley did anything. Wish knew what he had to do. A single tear fell from Wish's eye. Wish started chanting something. A force lifted the super potion from Shiny's bag and used it on Buguitar. "I believe in you." Wish said to Buguiar as a rock hurled into Wish. Wish laid there, fainted. "Wish..." Buguitar was in tears. He used his turn to let Buguitar go on, knowing he would faint in the process. "Your... Going down!" Buguitar said through tears. Buguitar gathered her sadness... and rage! Onix let out an screech, and then threw a rock at Buguitar. Buguitar smashed her scythe into the Onix's neck. Her pure range was enough to one shot the Onix. Buguitar could feel herself getting stronger as she leveled up. "Think you can take down Cranidos like you did to my other pokemon earlier? Your at your last pokemon, and used up your last super potion." Asked Roark. "We sure can, and will, try." Shiny responded wishing she still had a super potion left. "For Wish." "FOR WISH!" Buguitar shouted in her sadened fury. Shiny began by healing Buguitar with a potion. Craniados began by pursuiting Buguitar in a ram. It did almost as much damage as the potion healed. Shiny looked down, she knew how this was going to end. Buguitar went in and bit Craniados's neck draining some of his blood. Craniados ramed into Buguitar again. Buguitar began gathering her rage, her sadness, her wanting to avenge Wish, and most of all her will to win this battle. This was painful for Shiny to watch. She began tearing up. Craniados ramed it's thick blue skull into Buguitar's chest, crushing her against the wall. "Good job Buguitar. Thank you for trying your best."

Team So Far

This is one of the hardest times in the game. I only have two pokemon both of switch don't have any normally effective moves to rock times, barring bide and a lucky copycat. It also doesn't help that Buguitar is weak to rock type moves. Yes I did lose to Roark, I think it is more interesting from a story prospective as instead of always winning everything Shiny also loses sometimes. Anyway I feel like from now on having these overall things with some statists Poke $:1468 Time: 22:55 (Writing this takes so much time) Pokedex: 17

Buguitar the Kricketune

Buguitar the Kricketune - level 16 Growl Bide Fury Cutter Leech life 52, 36, 24, 24, 22, 26 Buguitar is finally my MVP in this scramble. She can attack reliably and bide actually does something to rock types. As for the gym I could teach her rocksmash, however the move deleter isn't until much latter in the game and by then rock smash would probably become a burden.

Wish the Cleffa

Wish the Cleffa - level 14 Pound Sing Wish Copycat 38, 14, 16, 18, 22, 13 Virtues: Kindness, Humility, Temperance Ah Wish, how the mighty has fallen. Wish was my powerhouse until disobedience got in the way. Wish just takes so many turns not doing what I want him to and it is frustrating. Wish can't tank everything like he used to. All the times he does nothing really do give foes enough time to seriously injure or faint Wish before he does something useful. The gym leader's pokemon are rock types in which pound and copycat only to 1 to 3 damage. While he did have metronome using memento and fainting from it scared Wish enough that he does not want to use the move again, even though it could come in handy it's just to risky for Wish to feel safe using it. As you can tell I care much more about flavor in this scramble that practicality seeing the new rules I add, and the long detailed posts I make for updates. Though if Wish gets magical leaf he may be able to sweep the gym, if he can even use the move in the first place that is.

Shiny Scramble, Chapter 7, The Stone that Keeps Rolling

"So your telling me we lost?" Buguitar's eye twitched. She was full of rage. "Yeah... We were so close to. Looking back if you used bide you probably could of won." Said Shiny. "You got to be kidding me. So Wish's heroic sacrifice and our only super potion was all for nothing!" "I knew I would have needed it later..." Shiny muttered. "It's not for nothing. You got some experience. Besides so what if we lost once? There is always next time! And for sure we'll get them next time!" "Yeah. I've bought 3 more potions for our next attempt, even if we may need the money used to buy them later." Said Shiny. "But how are we going to win." "Well if we believe in our selfs we can win! Together we can be strong, in the real way!" Wish broke out into song. "Alright! It's getting kind of late so let's challenge the gym again first thing tomorrow." Shiny said. "How are we even going to win with nothing but a level's change. Shouldn't we learn some super effective moves first? Don't you have the HM for rock smash Shiny? Can I learn it?" "But Buguitar you might need that move slot for something later." Shiny answered, "If you learn it you can't forget it until who knows how long." "Fine... Let's challenge the gym again, tomorrow." "Don't worry Buguitar I've got your back! Together we got this for sure tomorrow." Then everyone went to bed. Buguitar laid awake waiting for everyone else to go to sleep. Buguitar knew they were destined for failure tomorrow at their current state. She looked at Wish, he was so cute when he slept. He was so confident about winning and yet he couldn't do anything but scratch damage to Roark's pokemon. Buguitar loved his encouraging attitude but knew that the victory that he so deeply believed in was simply not true. Buguitar remembered Wish's heroic sacrifice believing Buguitar could finish Roark off, and she failed him. No matter how much he believed and Buguitar liked him he was utterly useless in battle, so much for have your back. Wait. He kept saying together. Did he really mean that he would withstand attacks while Buguitar was healed? No Buguitar didn't want Wish to go through that again. He's too nice to just keep fainting over and over again just so Buguitar could go on. He believed in her. Buguitar had to be strong, for Wish. Buguitar looked at Shiny. What a useless trainer. She'll be sooner to let one of them faint than heal them. What if we need it later? She kept saying. If one of them didn't take a potion from her bag they would have surely lost. Will later ever come if she doesn't take care of now? Buguitar rummaged through Shiny's bag. She held up a brown disk. "Wish for us I'll be strong, in the Real way." "Okay guys good morning. Is everyone ready to rechallenge Roark?" Shiny asked. "Yep! We can do this together!" Buguitar gave a smug smile. Shiny walked into the gym and faced Roark. "We're ready for round two." "Very well. Show me the toughness of your Pokemon!" He said sending out a Geodude. Shiny wasted a turn. Geodude scattered a hundred pointed stones all over the place. "Grrrooowl" a hard rock hit Buguitar in the chest. Buguitar began gathering her want for revenge... two hard rocks were hurled at Buguitar. Buguitar ran into the Geodude and slammed her scythes their head into with all her might scoring a OHKO. Buguitar was happy with what she was seeing so far. "Alright Buguitar I'll cover you from the Onix." Wish hurt his foot on a jagged rock. Shiny began by giving Buguitar a potion. This shocked Buguitar. Shiny giving her a potion? Who was her and what did she do to Shiny, or maybe Buguitar didn't want to find out. Wish was hit by a rock. Shiny reached into her bag and healed Buguitar with another potion. Buguitar wondered who was disguised as Shiny. Wish took another rock to the face. "Don't worry, I'm still good." The Onix let out an ear piercing screech. Wish started chanting something. "Buguitar, I believe in you!" Wish stepped back. Buguitar knew that Wish was counting on her, and it felt great and terrifying at the same time. Onix greeted Buguitar with a rock throw. Wish's wish came true and healed Buguitar to 51 health, one more than what those potions did. Buguitar ran in with a Fury Cutter. No it had much more force to it and Onix's defense was lowered. "Buguitar did you learn rock smash?" Shiny asked. "Yes I did. Now we can actually beat this gym." "But what about later? What if you wanted that move slot for something else?" "What about now? We need to win this." Buguitar began gathering her rage... Two rocks were hurled at Buguitar. One smacked her in the head while the other crashed beside her. Buguitar leaped onto the Onix and smashed her scythes into them, fainting the Onix. Buguitar smiled. So far, so good. "Okay Buguitar I got Cranidos." Buguitar nervously glanced at Wish's 11 health remaining. Shiny got out a potion and healed Wish. "Thank you!" Cranidos smashed it's head into Wish leaving just 8 health remaining. Shiny met Wish's eyes and they nodded their head in agreement. Shiny used her final potion, on Buguitar. "I believe in yo--" Cranidos slammed into Wish from behind. "No... no, no, no, Wish!" Buguitar went into battle. Buguitar began gathering her will for revenge... Critical Pursuit... Leer... Strike! Buguitar slammed into Cranidos with all of her might. Cranidos hung on with one health left ran into Buguitar and Buguitar fainted... Shiny lost again... "Are you guys okay?" Shiny asked her pokemon. "Yep I'm great!" "We lost... again..." Buguitar was in tears. "Don't worry Buguitar we'll get them next time!" "That's what you keep on saying. I try my hardest... You make a heroic sacrifice... But we still lose."' "But that doesn't mean we should give up. Roark may beat us over and over again, but he will only truly win if we give up. As long as we keep trying one day we will beat him!" "But I'm sick and tired of losing. It's terrible trying your hardest, seeing you get hurt in a self sacrifice and still having your foe hold victory an inch above you." "Then we'll train." Both of Shiny's Pokemon looked at her, "If you both go up a few levels then surly you'll win next time, right?" "But we are out of potions and only have enough money for one more. We used 4 potions last time not one." "I still have a repel and stardust to sell," Shiny added, "Both of those together is enough for 3 more." "Yeah! And Buguitar no matter how many times we lose, we'll still be by your side. Besides the harder Roark makes it for us to beat him, it will just make the feeling of actually beating him feel more sweet." Buguitar wiped away a tear. "Alright... Let's train." The trio wandered around Oreburgh city. A nice girl gave Shiny a dusk ball. A man kept blocking the entrance to a house. Yes knowing about vents is that important. Another man said, "The view is good from up here but it's pain going out. I wish you could show me a Zubat." "You mean a Pokemon like this?" Shiny held your typical shiny Zubat, nothing much. "Wow that's cool... It's so cute... And it's even green! This is motivating me to go out and catch some pokemon! Have this as a token of my thanks!" The man gave Shiny a heal ball. Shiny walked around more and a boy gave Wish a Greatball for having shining eyes. The trio went to route 207 to train. They encountered a Geodude, Geodude, Machop, found a pokeball, Geodude, Machop, Geodude, Zubat, Geodude, Shiny Geodude, Geodude, Machop, Caught a Shiny Machop and named it Ridge, Geodude, Shiny Geodude, Geodude, Shiny Geodude, Geodude, Kricketot, Shiny Zubat, Shiny Geodude, Geodude, Zubat, Geodude and Shiny Zubat. Shiny slowly grew annoyed at how Wish would drag out battles doing nothing or using the wrong move. After all of that Buguitar was level 17 and Wish was level 16. Wish had learned Magical leaf, a super effective attack against Roark. "Alright guys, I think we're ready." Shinys encountered:26 Shinys caught:12 With four potions in her bag Shiny re-entered the gym. Shiny marched to the gym leader determined to win this time. "Roark! I challenge you to another rematch!" "Alright. Show me the toughness of your pokemon!" He sent out his Geodude. Shiny wasted a turn. The Geodude scattered another hundred pointed stones all over the battle field. That must be a pain for the janitor to clean up. Buguitar let out a ferocious growl. Buguitar was hit by a hard rock but she didn't care. Buguitar began gathering her determination to win this fight... Her rage grew as two rocks hit her, just the motivator she needed. Buguitar jumped into the air and smashed her two scythes into the Geodude. It was a OHKO. Buguitar knew this was only the beginning. "Alright Buguitar. I think I can handle the Onix this time!" Shiny and Wish knew the plan. Shiny began by giving Buguitar a potion. Wish endured a critical rock throw. Shiny nervously gave Buguitar another potion healing her to full health. Onix used screech. Wish was glad not to take damage. Wish started chanting something. Onix let out another ear piercing screech. After taking a third screech Wish raised his stubs. Leaves surrounded Wish that were coated in different colored auras. The leaves flew towards Onix. It was to much to take and Onix went down. "Yay! I did it!" Wish's wish had came true, and it healed him to full health. Buguitar felt great. She was at full health. Wish was at full health and not fainted. Only the dreaded Cranidos was left. For the first time Buguitar truly believed she could win this fight. "I've got this!" Buguitar gathered her determination to win... Pursuit... Leer... Strike! Buguitar joyously ran in and slammed Cranidos with her Scythe. Cranidos rammed into Buguitar with a headbutt. Buguitar was at only 12 health left. Another hit could faint her. But she still had hope, even if she fainted Wish could finish Cranidos off. Buguitar rock smashed her scythe into Cranidos. Buguitar's jaw dropped. She beat Cranidos. No one fainted in this battle. She stared at her scythe in amazement. "WE WON! WOOT!" Shiny yelled. "Shiny! Buguitar! We finally did it!. This is great!" Wish gave the cutest little smile. Buguitar had an enormous grin. "Oh... my... Arceus, was that battle was hard! I can't believe we did it!" "W-what? That can't be. My Buffed up Pokemon..." Roark said. "This is embarrassing... I went and lost to a trainer who didn't have a single Gym Badge..." "Are you not the first gym?" Shiny asked. "Doesn't this happen all the time? If I were you I would be more embarrassed at losing to that kid with a level 5 Bidoof and Starly." "But that's tough." Roark said. " You were strong, and I was weak. That's all there is. According to Pokemon League rules, I have to give you our Gym Badge since you've beaten me, the Leader. Here's your official Pokemon League Coal Badge." "Whoa... It's so badge like, and shiny..." Shiny looked at the badge in awe. "Having that Coal Badge means your Pokemon can now use the hidden move Rock Smash outside of battle. You should take this, too." Roark handed Shiny Tm76, "That contains the move Stealth Rock. It's a move that inflicts damage on foes that switch into battle. Incidentally, a TM will teach it's move to a pokemon instantly. But a TM will break when you use it, so make certain you want a pokemon to learn that move." “Wow. Thank you Roark!” "So, um... What now?" "I guess going to Eterna city." Shiny answered.

Team so Far

I finally beat Roark. Well that was the hardest getting the first badge has ever been for me in a Pokemon game. Everything after this should be easier seeing as I'll get the rest of my scramblemons on my team. This is probably one of the hardest points of the game, and probably won't get harder until either Knave's solo of Iron island, Hot Air's solo of Fantina or the elite 4 and champion. Poke $: 2095 Time: 25:21 Pokedex: 17

Buguitar the Kricketune

Buguitar the Kricketune - level 17 Growl Bide Rock Smash Leech life 55, 38, 26, 25, 23, 29 Still the MVP of my team. Rock smash and Bide are both really useful. Still what convinced me to teach rock smash to Buguitar was that it was in Buguitar's character to do so. Buguitar's characteristic is hates to lose after all.

Wish the Cleffa

Wish the Cleffa - level 16 Pound Magical leaf Wish Copycat 42, 16, 18, 19, 24, 15 Virtues: Kindness, Humility, Temperance Too easy and too hard options Disobedience is the bane of Wish's existence. Wish spends much of his time not doing anything or the wrong move and it is frustrating. It has come to the point where fighting wild pokemon is a pain. I replaced sing with magical leaf because Buguitar learns sing next level. Just who's bright idea was it to set the level for disobedience so low. I'm serious Roark's own pokemon wouldn't listen to him if they were traded to him and he had his own badge, that is how bad it is.

Shiny Scramble, Chapter 8, Misunderstanding the Art of the Scramble

Having won their first gym badge, the trio was causally heading out of Oreburgh city. And then Barry ran into Shiny. Shiny fell down, "Ow!" Shiny got up, "What do you want this time Barry?" "Shiny? are you okay?" Shiny:"Don't worry I'm fine Wish." "He didn't even make it look like a battling accident." Buguitar muttered under her breath, wanting to make a battling 'accident' happen. Barry:"Whoops! Shiny! You got the Gym Badge, huh?" Shiny:"Yep! Only took three tries." Barry:"Eterna City is the next place with a Gym that gives away Badges, right?" Shiny:"If nothing changed since trainer school taught us where all of the gyms were and now then it should be." Barry:"So, yeah, I went to Route 207 but you can't go there without a bicycle. I made my team battle and toughened them up, so it wasn't a waste." Shiny:"We also did that." Barry:"So, I'm going back to Jubilife city. Next stop, the Eterna gym badge! Ten seconds before I dash!" Shiny and Wish jumped out of the way. Buguitar on the other hand, "Nine, bah who has time to count." Barry dashed ahead and tripped on Buguitar's foot. Barry stumbled forward but caught himself before falling, and continued to rush forward. "Ow my foot!" It was only minor pain but Buguitar had to cover up her tracks. "Buguitar are you okay?" "I, I think so. Barry dashed forward before I could get out of the way and wow, that was painful. But I think I'm good to keep going." Shiny:"That's good. Okay we're off to slowly get to Eterna city, how long could that take?" The trio entered Oreburgh gate. "Okay so Roark said we can use rock smash to break rocks now. Buguitar why don't you test it out on that rock right there?" Shiny said. "Okay." Buguitar smashed her scythe into the rock. Nothing eventful happened. "Well that was a disappointment..." Shiny said. The trio continued on Oreburgh gate. A Geodude appeared and Buguitar despite being useless against rock types before, was able to one shot it with rock smash after a growl. This felt great to Buguitar. The trio were finally able to head north in the gate. Buguitar cleared the rocks away and they headed into the first basement floor after running from a Zubat. Shiny found TM flash on the ground. It felt great to finally have more access to the gate. After running from a Zubat the trio came across some water, this stopped them from going deeper in. After running form another Zubat Shiny found some stardust. After beating a Geodude the trio made it out of the gate. Buguitar even leveled up! After beating a Shinx, the trio went to Jublife city, healed, then headed towards route 204. They saw Lucas, Rowan and two astronaut wantabes blocking the way. Rowan:"Ah, Shiny. Impeccable timing as always." "Hi Mr.Rowan! Hi Lucas! Hi two, astronauts!?" Shiny:"What is it Rowan?" Rowan:"These miscreants are babbling utter nonsense that I just can't stomach." "Micreants? What did they do?" Rowan:"Show them some manners, if you will." Shiny:"Wait what did they even say in the first place?" Mystery man:"Oh, Professor Pokemon, must you be so difficult? We are approaching you strictly as businessmen." Shiny:"I don't see why I should battle some random dudes just because they are trying to scam you into buying some cheap space junk." Mystery man:"All you must do is provide us with all your research findings. In return we'll refrain from causing massive damage to your assistant." "What no!? You can't hurt Lucas. I won't let you." Shiny:"Are you serious? Are you seriously threatening to do something obviously evil just for something you can probably find online? Okay that just makes me want to fight you now." Lucas:"Shiny! Join me and battle these guys!" Shiny:"With Pleasure." "Yeah! If you want to hurt Lucas, your going to have to go through me first." The two men sent out a Wurmple and a Zubat. Lucas sent out his Chimchar. Shiny spoke, "Alright first thing's first." Shiny threw a pokeball at the Zubat. Lucas:"Shiny what are you doing? You know that you can't catch other trainer's pokemon right?" Shiny:"Yep I know." "Kindness is a virtue so we are giving our foes a chance to." Lucas had a terribly confused look on his face. "Alright Chimchar I guess you should use ember on Wurmple." Wurmple's eyes widened in fear as he heard the move. A wall of flames burned his face. Wurmple fainted. Sudden pain hit Chimchar in the back of the head as Zubat hit it. "Okay Buguitar it's your turn!" Wish and Buguitar switched places. Lucas:"Can't Wish just keep fighting?" Lucas asked. "Well you see humility is a virtue and every one should share the spotlight in battles." "Scratch." Lucas muttered becoming more and more confused at Shiny's weird battling style. Teeth hit claws. Buguitar went to growl. But there was something wrong. Buguitar couldn't growl, instead she felt something else, like it was, a new move! Buguitar clumsily began to sing, "Take a melody, simple as it can be. Give it a sweet melody and um words. Raise your voice, oh how love grows strong today. Sing a song about, love oh love." The Zubat feel asleep. It was cute, and then flames scattered on it. Buguitar poked the Zubat, and it fainted. "Buguitar that song was beautiful!" Wish grew to level 17. "Thanks." Buguitar blushed and rubbed her scythe. Grunts:"How is this maddness possible? Us grunts losing to children? Time to retreat... Mission failed." Shiny:"Well now at least you admit to being grunts. Wait grunts? Does this mean?" Grunt:"We have no other option. This won't be the last time you hear the name team Galactic! Retreat smoke bomb, away!" The grunt threw a white ball to the ground, it did nothing. "Um, retreat running, away!" Both grunts ran away. Rowan:"That lot... They called themselves team Galactic." Shiny:"Wait team Galactic? Do they dare challenge team Skull?" Lucas:"What's team Skull?" Shiny:"Oh it's this awesome team of people I want to join. They protect other regions from having to face the dreaded island challenge." Lucas:"What's an island chal-" Rowan interrupted him, "When Pokemon evolve, they seem to release some type of energy... However, I believe that it's a mystic power far beyond our control. Team Galactic seems to be trying to use that power for something." Shiny:"For something like mega evolution? I think they came to the wrong region for that. Only Kalos and Hoenn have mega evolution related junk happen in them, or at least according to the internet they do." "What's mega evolution?" Shiny:"Well it's when a pokemon goes all evolutiony but only temporary." Buguitar wondered, was her evolution mega evolution? Now that Buguitar had gotten used to it she didn't really want to go back to being a Kricketot. But mega evolution didn't happen in Sinnoh according to Shiny, that relieved Buguitar a little. Rowan:"Anyway, Lucas, well done! You battled quite capably. You almost didn't need Shiny's help with her weird, rituals." "They're virtues." Rowan:"Still it's the site of you trainers and pokemon battling together... I made the right decision entrusting you both with a Pokedex!" Lucas:"Shiny did you know about this?" Shiny:"About what?" Lucas:"The professor studies about the evolution of Pokemon, too. According to his research, 90% of all Pokemon are somehow tied to evolution! I guess that means some Pokemon undergo weird evolutions. So, Shiny... Let's keep working on our Pokedex project for the prof!" Shiny:"Yeah! I'll help with the shinydex." "Goodbye Lucas! Goodbye Rowan!" They both walked away. Suddenly a weird man came up to Shiny. "Oh, that was very good! Nicely done! Truly excellent!" Shiny:"Who are you?" Man:"I beg your pardon, I'm from Jubilife TV! I'd like you to have something for letting me see that smashing battle!" The man gave Shiny the fashion case. "Contained within that Fashion Case... You will find a whole spectrum of chic Accessories and tasteful Backdrops. Dress up pokemon and watch their appeal grow!" "Thank you kind sir!" Shiny:"Thanks but why? What does this have to do with battling?" Man:"And, right now the TV station is offering it's facilities so visitors can dress up their pokemon! That's why!" Shiny:"I don't get the correlation but thanks man." Man:"There are prize giveaways too! Please do vistit our TV station!" Shiny"Alright, I guess we will." And just like that, the man walked away. The trio headed to the Poketch company. "Now I'm pretty sure someone said something about a new thing when I get a badge." Shiny said to herself. The owner gave Shiny the memo pad app. Shiny promptly poorly drew a skull and cross bones with "Team Skull rulez" on it. "Ooo is that a drawing pad?" "Yep," Shiny answered, she cleared the screen. "Do you want to try?" "Yeah!" Wish drew even more poorly Shiny Buguitar and himself together. "Wow that was fun! Do you want to try Buguitar. "No thank you." The trio exited and building and went to the Jubilife TV station. There was a girl singing karaoke. "Hi my name is Ariel. I want to be more like Pikachu. Will you battle me?" "Sure." Shiny answered. "Alright, Pikachu all the way!" Somewhere far away a Misdreavus sensed something. Wish easily beat Pikachu after wasted turns of disobedience, attraction, and both sides being paralyzed. Buguitar was up against another Pikachu. She was going to start the battle with sing, but the song she sung last time, just didn't feel right. That song, it was Wish's song. Buguitar felt like she had to find her own song. She thought about the words, static electricity covering her body ignoring any hits she took, then began to sing "You and I were born," that was all she needed for Pikachu to fall asleep. Buguitar easily beat the Pikachu in 2 hits after that. Buguitar put her head onto her scythes, embarrassed at how awkward the first line sounded without the context of the second. New rule! Buguitar must sing the entirety to Kiseki (the X&Y credits song) before reaching the elite 4 at one line per use of sing, according to the way it was formatted on Bulbapedia. So in other words, 38 times. Shiny healed her Pokemon then headed back to the building. Some man gave Shiny a Piplup mask. Suddenly a man asked "Will you tell me your opinion on TV?" "Well usually the shows don't have much information on them are are rather boring. So overall 7.8/10, to much water, not enough skull." Shiny answered. "Please reduce your answer to two words from this list." The man replied. "What this is a ripoff!" Shiny said, "I guess, REGRET WATER, then? I don't see why all of the options on this list are in all caps though." "Interesting," the man said, "What feedback can you give me about TV?" "Okay this is to much to just chose from this list. Everything from now on will just be, NO WAY, since I don't see just NO on the list." Shiny answered. "Shiny you should answer these honestly." "You try answering by picking two words from this list where the person's computer had their caps lock stuck in the on position." "Hm, Let's see..." Wish started looking through the available answers. "Moving along Wish." The trio looked around the building. Shiny checked her records and the pokemon defeated record was exactly 100. On the second floor a man said"Ooh, your Pokemon are so very charming." "Why thank you!" The man continued, "They're so charming I will even hang a picture of one right beside me! Dress up your Pokemon and I'll take a photo when your done! Doesn't that sound great." "Buguitar you should be the one he hangs a picture of on the wall." "No, you should be the one that gets their picture taken." "Are you sure Buguitar?" "Yes, really. I insist." Wish and Buguitar began dressing up the best they could with only starting accessories. In the end the results were, meh. Especially with the camera Shiny lent the man to take the Photos with. Shiny looked at the photos, "This is why I almost never use my camera for things." After that the trio participated in the lottery. They won nothing. The trio finally headed towards route 204 at night. They entered Ravaged Path. They encountered some rocks. "Not this time knee high rocks with gaps between them. This time we got Buguitar. And she's going to smash you!" Shiny said. "Shiny you know those rocks aren't alive, right?" "Yeah I know. It just feels good to finally be able to pass these rocks, so first let's head to the left." Shiny said. They ran from a Zubat and picked up TM39, rock tomb, on the left side. The rest of the way was blocked by water. The trio went to the right and beat a Geodude. Buguitar sung "right here in the same world." and KOed it. Taylor:"Let's have a battle while smelling the aroma of flowers!" "For this one brief life," Buguitar sang to Budew, Cherrubi was switched in and Buguitar OHKOed it. Wish 2HKOed the Budew. Taylor:"Even though I lost, I'm not angry because it smells so nice." The trio continued down route 204. Shiny found an awakening. Brandon: "Say, listen. What's your opinion on bug Pokemon?" He sent out a Kricketot. "we're beneath the same sky." Buguitar sang, she 2HKOed Kricketot. Buguitar smiled at the fact that after years of being called chalkboard, she was finally stronger than Kricketots, now to find those Kricketot she knew. Wish was up next. He fell asleep mid battle. "Wish wake up!" Shiny shouted. Wish stayed asleep, not that the Wurmple he was facing was actually a threat or anything. "Come on Wish wake up." It was 30 minutes past the young pokemon's bed time. After a while the little star pokemon woke up, "Huh what? Wait I'm still in the middle of a battle! Sorry, yawn, Shiny?." Wish 2HKOed the Wurmple after that. "I'm not going to be able to explain the charms of bug pokemon this way." Brandon said ignoring Buguitar. "It's getting late. I'm so, yawn, tired. I think we should go to sleep soon, yawn." "Alright Wish," replied Shiny, "I think there's a town up ahead. Let's rest there." Suddenly twins challenged Shiny to a battle. "We can one-shot this trainer, can't we Liz?" said Liv. "We're the strongest in our class!" Said Liz. "If you two gang up on others no wonder, though I don't think you'll have much ease beating Wish and Buguitar." said Shiny. Wish and Buguitar were out in a battle together. In perfect union the two Pachirisu disappeared. They reappeared slamming into both of Shiny's pokemon. Buguitar was in battle with Wish. She blushed. She just had to impress Wish. Leaves with different colored auras surrounded Wish. An ambush of quick attacks made Wish lose his focus. "Leave Wish alone!" She began to sing, "The great flow of time." Buguitar looked over to Wish, he looked focused on the battle. Buguitar prepared Rock smash as Pachirisu ran into the move in it's own attacking attempt. The tiny star jumped on the electric squirrel. Pachirisu rushed forward unsuspecting of Buguitar's jaws, and fainted. "Wow, good job Buguitar!" Wish cheered as he leveled up. Buguitar's cheeks looked like a normal Kricketune's. Leaves surrounded in auras cut away at the sleeping Pachirisu. A stub lifted into the air, it jolted down at the sudden presence at Wish's chest. A scythe slammed into the middle of the Pachirisu causing it to faint. Buguitar felt power flow through her as she leveled up. Liz:"I wish I could be strong like you when I get bigger." The trio continued forward. Shiny picked up TM09, Bullet Seed. The trio made it. Floaroma town was covered in peacefully swaying yellow and blue flowers. A soothing song echoed throughout the town. "It's, so, peaceful. So beautiful..." Muttered Wish. His eyes closed. "Aw, little guy, we're going to bed soon." Shiny said. She began to carry Wish. They entered the pokemon center. Shiny gently placed Wish on a cushion. Shiny laid down on a couch and fell asleep.

Team So Far

Alright this was a very easy chapter. Most things were OHKOed or 2HKOed. The hardest part was honestly Wish's disobedience wasting so many turns. Curse you Roark, why did you make me grind so much that everything after your gym is a breeze. Still here you got to see why I rarely take screen shots, my 3DS camera is terrible. Hot Air should have some trouble with the rest of the area when I get her, right? Right? Poke $: 3559 Time: 29:11 Pokedex: 22

Buguitar the Kricketune

Buguitar the Kricketune - level 19 Sing Bide Rock Smash Leech life 60, 42, 29, 27, 25, 31 5/38 lines sung Buguitar is still my MVP. She is reliable and OHKOs or 2HKOs almost everything. I added an extra rule to her because I though it would be cool, but then I realized that she could very easily do that normally. Still while ten base power was a disappointment, 40 sure isn't (for now at least.)

Wish the Cleffa

Wish the Cleffa - level 16 Pound Magical leaf Wish Copycat 42, 16, 18, 19, 24, 15 Virtues: Kindness, Humility, Temperance Too easy and too hard options Ah Wish, you are such a victim to a lack of play testing. My once MVP sitting firmly as LVP because of it. Still was it just me or did Wish start only being able to 2HKO things Buguitar could OHKO? Poor little guy. It just stresses me to use Wish knowing that at any moment Wish could take many turns in a row not doing anything or doing the wrong thing. Still falling asleep mid battle due to it is a new one. Obedience can't come soon enough.

Shiny Scramble, Chapter 9, To Save a Windworks

It was morning. The trio headed out of the pokemon center. "Huh, what's this." Shiny picked up a red berry. "It looks like a Cheri berry." Shiny walked over to the next tree, "And this looks like an Oran berry." "Shiny? we shouldn't steal." "But Wish nothing else we took off the ground was 'stolen'," Shiny replied, "Besides what's the worst that can happen?" Both trees Shiny picked berries from disintegrated "Whoa, did it just... Alright, alright, I'll put them back," Shiny planted both of the berries. "Shiny? we just vandalized property! Do you know how serious this is?" "Um, um." Shiny looked around. She saw the sign for the building read, Free Berries Available, "Wait, those were the free berries." "That was close. For a second I thought we committed vandalism." The trio went inside. A girl handed Shiny a Sprayduck watering can, "Now remember to water berries!" "Thank you! Now Shiny we should probably water those berries." "Alright," Shiny went outside and watered the berries. "I wonder how this thing got water in it considering it didn't make everything in my bag wet." All the water in the Sprayduck evaporated. "Fine I will not question your logic further." The trio went back inside the shop. Inside a woman gave Shiny a Chesto berry. The trio exited the Berry shop and began wandering around Floaroma town. Shiny entered a house and watched some TV, "It's a downpour right now on route 112. It's the best time to shout a loved one's name into the sky. Forget about an umbrella, think of the dramatic possibilities." Shiny smiled at the best TV program we watched yet. 8.0/10 just the right amount of water. A girl have Shiny the TM for Pluck. After doing practically everything they could do in town the trio headed to route 205. Shiny picked a Pecha and Chesto berry. A girl came running to Shiny, "Help, help, Trainer!" "What is it? Are you okay?" "Please can you get my papa for me?" the girl continued, "He works at the Valley Windworks." "You know where your dad is, why can't you just go to him yourself?" Asked Shiny. "I tried, but the people dressed like spacemen are mean, and won't let me in..." The girl said. "Don't worry little girl, we'll show those grunts a thing or two." "Yeah! We'll make sure your dad is safe!" The trio headed east. Shiny picked up a potion. Wish beat a normal Pachirisu before facing the grunt at the front gate. Grunt:"Don't you dare go into the Valley Windworks." Shiny:"Why not spaceman?" Grunt:"We are not spacemen. I was ordered to keep all who were not team galactic out. Who are you anyway." Shiny:"I'm Shiny, this is Wish and that is Buguitar. Still I will not stand to let Galactic be the superior team. For that little girl and Team Skull I challenge you to a battle." Grunt:"Team Skull? Wasn't that a boy band?" Shiny:"No it's not. Let's go Buguitar." Buguitar nodded her head and prepared herself for battle. Grunt:"So you want to get in, do you? You'll have to battle me for it! Glameow go!" "The wide expanse of space." Buguitar sung. Glameow was 2HKOed. Grunt:"Like the boss really expected me to win with a pokemon like this... Isn't that just great. Getting owned by some kid. But you can't do a thing if I lock myself in with my Works key!" Shiny:"Are you serious? We just beat you and Buguitar and Wish are still very capable of fighting." "Do you think, you can just, weasel out like that? I will fight you, well if your okay with that Wish." "Buguitar we shouldn't fight humans, we should just keep the battle to friendly spars. Could you please let us in?" Grunt:"The other one isn't here. My cohorts in the flower patch have the only other one! Hahaha! In a sense I'm no longer the loser." Shiny:"So first they threaten criminal action for something they could look up online, and now they set out a guard when just locking the door would be more effective as we would have no idea where the key is, now dumb can Galactic get." "Well at least he told us where the other key is." Shiny:"After hiding like a coward after saying stuff all of which made him a bigger loser. Come on Wish and Buguitar, let's get the other key." The trio went to the flower patch. Two grunts were harassing a man. Grunt 1:"Enough arguing! Hand over that sweet Honey!" Grunt 2:"Do as we say! Team Galactic will have that Honey! We must have it to attract Pokemon in great numbers!" Buguitar jumped between the man and the grunts. Fear kicked in as she realized what she just did. Then she remembered the strength of the grunts so far. "Yeah! Leave that man alone. We won't stand as you steal his honey!" Grunt 1:"Hey! This kid is a witness! What'll we do?" Shiny:"I'm not sure if it matters seeing as the previous grunts made team Galactic look obviously evil. I'm not sure how you can make it worse." Grunt 2:"We don't need the brat running off to get help..." "We don't need to get help. The three of us together can protect others from you!" Grunt 2:"The solution's simple! We ensure the brat stays quiet." Shiny:"Does team Galactic have a chronic problem of threatening to hurt kids that can handle themselves or something?" "If you want to hurt Shiny, you have to get through us first!" They sent out a Wurmple. "We are lucky enough" Wurmple was 2HKOed. Wish with some turns wasted three-shot Silcoon. Grunt1:"This is why I'll be stuck as a grunt forever... This is so lame... They're going to dock my pay after doing so little to you!" Grunt 2:"I'm up next! Hehehe... Battling you right after my cohort weakened you give me the edge!" Grunt1:"You do realize I didn't even do any damage to one of their pokemon, and the other is still in the green. Right?" It was a zubat. A pokemon Buguitar always struggled to beat. "to share this lifetime we get." Buguitar went to rock smash Zubat, but it did little. "Don't worry Buguitar I can handle this!" Wish's pound did much more damage. Wish went to half health left due to wasting so many turns. When Zubat was in the red Buguitar switch back in and defeated Zubat. Wish leveled up! Grunt2:"If only I had some descent pokemon..." Grunt1:"This brat's tough! Like, really, really, tough! Tougher than I can put into words, and I know a lot of words." Shiny:"Wait tougher than the champion. You know that word, right?" Grunt1:"We're done for here... Let's get back to the Valley Windworks." Man:"What's that thing? They seem to have forgotten it..." Shiny:"I think it's the windworks key." Man:"It is! It's of no use to me. You may as well have it." The man handed Shiny the key. "Yay! Now we can save that girl's dad! Let's go!" Man:"Thank you! You surely saved me. Those goons were trying to rob me of my, sweet, sweet, Honey. They sure were, though. You saw how they were dressed." Shiny:"Yeah, did they get those outfits from a costume shop or something? Were they under the astronauts section?" Man:"What they were saying didn't make a whole lot of sense either." Shiny:"Well the are obviously evil, so they wanted a lot of pokemon, for evil." "Yeah, I really think they could use some therapy. Don't they know threatening, stealing and taking hostages is wrong?" Man:"Oh! I need to thank you! Will you take this as my thanks?" The man gave Shiny some honey. "If you slather that honey on a sweet-smelling tree, it might attract pokemon. Shiny:"Wait for rescuing you, you gave me the item that those grunts were trying to take from you? Um, thanks?" Not understanding the man's logic Shiny took the honey and slathered it on a nearby tree. The berries Shiny had planted earlier were ready for harvest, she picked them then planted some more berries before heading back to the Valley Windworks. "Let me in!" A Drifloon was banging a stick against the door to the Valley Windworks. "Hello do you need help?" "Yes. This door is locked. Do you believe that? I left to find a good stick to fight the last guard with, seeing as I ran out of PP for my one good move, and when I came back, IT WAS LOCKED!" "Couldn't you have just gotten one from the tree over there?" Shiny pointed to a nearby honey tree. "None of the sticks in that tree were good enough. I was looking for the best stick," She hit the door again. The Drifloon's stick snapped in half, "And obviously this stick was only subpar." "Is there even a difference, between sticks?" "Of course there is! A good stick is the only difference between using cut and slash, and I dread to think I was using cut by accident." "The difference in base power could hurt." "Oh, it's not the base power I care about. It's that cut isn't a G.H.O.S.T move. I only work with G.H.O.S.T moves." "But slash isn't a ghost type move either." "What idiot would know mono ghost type moves? It leaves them completely open to normal types. I settled for moves that start with the letters G.H.O.S.T instead." "Shiny, please open the door now." "Why do you do that?" "Because obviously the only way to be the fairest ghost type of them all is to only use ghost related moves." "Ooo, that's very interesting. What's your name?" "My name is Hot Air. Though I insist that you call me mistress Air. "Okay so we're heading inside." Shiny unlocked the door. "Want to come?" "Yes. These astronauts have another thing coming if they think they can over take my home." Everyone went inside. "What?! No way! You have the key?" a grunt asked. Shiny:"Yep, thanks for telling me where it was!" Grunt:"Locking the door was meaningless! I am the loser in this after all!" "Well, actually, we got exp from your friends. So we're um, stronger now." Grunt:"No! This is no time for self-pity! I've got to alert the Commander!" He ran away. Everyone went deeper inside. "I ain't fooling around, kid. This is how a professional does it!" the grunt sent out a very threatening level 11 Cascoon. "We can gain more if we give." Buguitar finished the battle with only a tiny scratch." Shiny:"Not evolving your pokemon all the way even though you can and losing. Got it. But I don't think I want to be "professional" like you." They continued onward. Another grunt challenged Shiny to a battle. "By taking, we only lose." Buguitar beat the Wurmple with more health than she started with. Wish easily beat Glameow. Mars:"I'm one of team Galactic's three Commanders." "You think you can just barge into my home? You've got another thing coming! This kid and her pokemon are going to take you down!" Mars:"Are you not her pokemon too?" "Well, no." Mars:"Relying on a trainer that is not your own, how pathetic. We've been trying to create a new world that's better than this one..." Shiny:"Then why have your team been so obviously evil so far?" "Sure there may be many problems in the world right now. But everyone can come together to fix them! Together, everyone can make the world a better place!" "Yeah!" Buguitar smiled. Mars:"But people have shown little understanding about what we do." Shiny:"Well then. I guess I'll look team Galactic up on the internet." Shiny hopped onto a nearby computer despite the grunt's protest, "Let's see here... Your leader is Cyrus, he plans on using a legendary by taking the gems of the lake guardians to create the red chain, and he wants to wipe out all existence but himself to make himself a god in a world without spirit. Okay why do all you people even support him in the first place?" Mars:"Wait what!? That webpage is filled with lies! You and the internet don't understand either, don't you? It's a little saddening..." "Seems accurate to me." "And me." "We should at least give team Galactic a chance to explain themselves." Mars:"So let's have a battle to decide what we should do next." Shiny:"I'm listening." Mars:"If I win, you leave. If you win, we, Team Galactic will leave!" Shiny:"Sounds fair." Mars sent out a Zubat. Buguitar's old struggle. Shiny wasted a turn. Jaws clenched themselves around Buguitar's scythe as the Zubat used bite. "Don't worry Buguitar, I've got you covered!" Wish took Buguitar's place. Zubat shrugged and switched the pokemon she was attacking. Energy was sucked from Wish twice. He closed his eyes and started chanting something. Both pokemon bit each other in an attempt to suck each other's energy. Despite doing minuscule damage Wish fully healed due to wish. After biting Wish Zubat started to pick up on his kind aura. Floating leaves barley left a dent on Zubat, a purple orb was launched at Wish leaving him soaked in worsening poison. "Wish, please just use pound already," Shiny said, wishing Wish would use the move she had been telling him to use the entire battle. "On, arrg!" Zubat drained more of Wish's energy. While Zubat was distracted a stub pounded her, she was still in the green zone. "Okay Wish on second thought maybe you should come back," Shiny said, "Buguitar your up!" Buguitar nervously stepped forward. Even Wish was having trouble with Zubat now. What chance did she stand, she got an idea. Buguitar began to gather her rage, leech life, leech life, strike! Buguitar's scythe was soaked in worsening poison. So much for bide... "Let us make this a new age" But the Zubat ignored it and used bite. Shiny used an antidote on Buguitar while her energy was drained. A scythe smashed into the bat hardly doing anything while being bitten in return. "where we show our gratitude." Buguitar sung, but this only distracted her enough to get hit by a critical bite. Shiny used a potion on Buguitar. Zubat tried again for another crit. Zubat was preparing more poison but a smashing hit to the side made her lose focus sending her into the red. Both pokemon bit the other. Buguitar hit Zubat off of her, causing it to faint. "Okay Shiny I'll withstand attacks while you heal Buguitar." Buguitar winced as she saw Wish knowing his usefulness in battle. Wish was up against a Purugly. Shiny began by giving a potion to Buguitar. Wish endured a scratch. "Buguitar?" "Yes Wish?" She was crying. "I believe in you." Wish was finished off. Buguitar began by smashing her scythe into Purugly at full critical force. Two sets of claws swiped Buguitar's underbelly. Fangs sucked energy out of Purugly. Both pokemon swung at each other. Purugly fell to the ground, fainted. Buguitar felt more powerful and leveled up. She was breathing heavily at 13 health left. Mars:"This can't be. I lost? You uppity brat. Oops! I messed that one up!" Shiny:"A win's a win. Time to pack out and declare team skull superior." Mars:"I don't remember that being part of the deal if I lost." Shiny:"Oh, that's right." "Ha! Take that! That's what you get for threatening my home." Mars:"That's all right, though. I quite enjoyed our battle." "You sadist. How could you enjoy Wish fainting." Shiny:"Buguitar Wish fainting isn't the end of the world. We'll go to the pokemon center and he'll be alright. Still that was quite an intense battle." Mars:"I guess it's time to say good-bye and leave for the time being!" Team Galactic left. Shiny:"Maybe they aren't all so bad. Maybe they could use some therapy, like Wish said." "Have you been living under a rock? Obviously evil, remember?" Shiny:"Don't worry Hot Air, I remember." "It's mistress Air to you." Shiny:"Oh sorry your majesty, do you want me to get some fries with that shake?" Researcher:"Team Galactic... They were saying they had to gather pokemon and energy no matter what. It was for creating a new universe, or so they claimed." Shiny:"Well the internet said they were going to try to swipe out all existence with it and the internet never lies it must be true." "Those sickos." Researcher:"Nothing they said made any sort of sense to me." Shiny:"How hard is it to understand. They want to create a new universe. They are stealing stuff to make it happen. They are hurting others because they are obviously evil. A quick internet search could literally tell you their entire plan." Researcher:"I can't tell you how grateful I am for saving me." Shiny:"Not much of a problem! I think your daughter was worried about you. Your her dad, right?" Researcher:"I can finally see her again!" Little girl:"Papa! Yuck! Papa, you're stinky! Go shower now, stinky!" Researcher:"Oh, sorry! Ahaha! That's me working nonstop!" Little girl:"Thank you, trainer! You made those bad people go away! I think the balloon pokemon will come visiting again!" "I'm am not a balloon pokemon. I am the to-be fairest ghost type pokemon in the lands, mistress Air. Secondly I go off to Eterna forest for one hour to train then-" Shiny:"We'll be right back, I just have to heal Wish and Buguitar real quick." The trio left. "Don't leave while I'm still talking to, they're gone." The trio came back. "Did you seriously walk away while I was still talking to you." Shiny:"Yep. I had to heal Wish and Buguitar." "And don't worry, I am all okay now!" "Still I suppose I should thank you for getting rid of team Galactic. So thank you." "Your welcome!" "So what will you be doing next?" Shiny:"Oh we're going to Eterna city to challenge the second gym." "Challenging the gym? As in going around and challenging all of the gyms, like, say Fantina's gym." Shiny:"When we come across it, yes." "I know how to repay you. I'll join your team. But first, show me your strength." "Yay! A new friend. I'm Wish, and that's Shiny, and that's Buguitar, and I'll go up against you." Hot Air began to focus her energy. Leaves in different colored auras hit her doing a tiny amount of damage. "I think I got this." Buguitar stepped in. Hot Air used Payback scoring a crit and sending Buguitar to 22 health. "Wait payback doesn't start with any of the letters in G.H.O.S.T." "Well all of my G.H.O.S.T moves are mostly out of PP, so unfortunately to battle you I have to resort to using moves outside of that. But don't think I'll do it for anyone else ever again." Hot Air boosted her defenses. "There's a fragile bud of hope," the sweetly sung words lulled Hot Air to sleep. Fangs sunk into Hot Air but it barley did any damage. "Um... I don't think I can do anything useful to lower her health." It was Zubat all over again. "Then I got this!" Wish took Buguitar's place. Hot Air used another payback, reducing Wish to 21 health. A gust of Air slammed Wish into a wall causing him to faint. "Is that all you got? Maybe I'll be better off staying here." "I swear we are stronger than you!" Hot Air focused more. "blooming in each of our hearts." "I'm not falling for that song twice." She stayed awake while boosting her defense. Buguitar desperately bit Hot Air again. "Don't you take that away." Hot Air yawned, "Like, I'll... zzz" Shiny threw a dusk ball. With it being successful she immediately rushed to the pokemon center afterwards to heal everyone. Shinys encountered:27 Shinys caught:13 Hot Air, lv 22, Naughty nature, Strongly willed. Gust, Stockpile, Paypack, Focus Energy "Uh, what? Wait! How did you beat me! I was going to beat Buguitar in my next attack, and now I'm here." Shiny:"Well I threw a dusk ball at you after Buguitar put you to sleep." "A dusk ball? That will clash horribly with my color scheme." "Well if you think about it, it contrasts your brightness pretty well." Wish closed his eyes and gave a smile. "Well when you think about it that way..." "Don't you ever hurt Wish again." Buguitar put her scythe up to Hot Air's head. "And to think the four of us are going to be great friends! That makes me so happy!" Buguitar quickly put her scythe behind her back before Wish opened his eyes. "Still it's getting pretty late and we should go to bed." Shiny and Wish went to bed. Buguitar and Hot Air however laid awake, giving each other a death glare. This went on for a while until a whisper broke the silence. "Just because you joined the team doesn't mean I have to like you." "Same here Buggo. The only reason I'm on the team right now is because you and Shiny decided to sneakily capture me in my sleep. I would have completely owned you if that dusk ball didn't work. And now I'll waste my time with a bunch of weaklings that can't match up to my strength. What a waste of my talent really. I would be better off alone." "Buggo is the least insulting insult I've been called. Still I didn't know you could level up 16 levels in a matter of days." "Days? Doesn't it take months to go up a level?" "Not in this team. I was just a level 4 Kricketot when I joined this team, and look at me now. Given another week I bet we both could have beaten you without any help." "So I'll get stronger for faster here, hmm... Still you seem awfully over protective of Wish." Hot Air turned toward him, "It would be a shame if I were to gust him." "Don't you dare." "As if I would really do it to him. He's been the only one so far who hasn't been sneaky or underhanded to me so far. You on the other hand... Maybe I would consider." "You better not. Still I don't care that your on my team now or not. If you ever hurt Wish again I will tear you limb from limb." "Pasionet for him, are you not? You stop threatening me in front of him, being over protective of him. Gosh if you like him so much why don't you marry him? Heh heh heh." "Wait, do you really think I could marry him?" "Good Arceus I was joking. Still, I like your strong spirit. "Thanks?" "Heh, your confusion amuses me. Anyway I'll go to bed now and hope I don't wake up with you haven stranded me in a raft out at sea or something like that. Night." Buguitar would never do something like that. Instead she would do something like rearrange the items in a room or sing badly in the middle of the night. But she couldn't do that now, Wish was here. If she did those things would he still like her, would he still believe in her? Buguitar didn't want to upset Wish, he was the only pokemon who ever believed she could do something great, and one of the few pokemon who had been nice to her. Since joining the team she had evolved and learned sing. Back home she wanted to become more powerful and skilled, but with Wish, he made her want to be a better person.

Team so far

My team is so over leveled right now. All of the grunts have like level 9 or 11 guys. Mars had a level 16 Purugly while Buguitar was level 19. Mars has been the hardest trainer I faced since Roark, mostly due to her Zubat. I started planting berries and I want to try to get as many as I can before Petra joins my team, mostly so Natural gift can actually do something. Still Hot Air joined the team giving me 3 pokemon, and I was only 1 chapter off in guessing when she will join. This is great. I'll be able to get Dirachi before the 2nd gym, so that will also be great. Poke $: 6919 Time: 33:45 Pokedex: 27

Hot Air the Difloon

Hot Air the Drifloon -level 22 Gust Stockpile Paypack Unusable Focus Energy Unusable 77, 29, 23, 35, 27, 41 Despite not using her at all this chapter I put her as my MVP because of how hard battling her was. She would have been able to 2HKO both of my pokemon. She had to be the hardest fight since Roark, maybe even harder, the only reason I didn't have to reset for another shiny Drifloon was because sing followed by a dusk ball caught her, and she was nice enough not to kill Buguitar before she could sing. Still it's sad that Hot Air would have been harder to fight, a single wild pokemon, than Mars. Still I wasted an entire day setting the clock incorrectly for Drifloon to appear.. This is the first time in a main series game I cried. Good job game freak you finally got me to cry like how the PMD games have been doing, but for all of the wrong reasons. But then I found out about an exploit of setting the DS clock and everything was great again.

Buguitar the Kricketune

Buguitar the Kricketune - level 20 Sing Bide Rock Smash Leech life 63, 45, 30, 28, 27, 33 15/38 lines sung Buguitar is practically doing all of the hard work in this part of scramble. She can hit reliably and can easily take most things that aren't a Zubat down.

Wish the Cleffa

Wish the Cleffa - level 19 Pound Magical leaf Wish Copycat 49, 18, 20, 23, 28, 17 Virtues: Kindness, Humility, Temperance Too easy and too hard options You know the Mars fight? I was selecting pound the entire time, that's how bad disobedience is. It took until turn nine to use pound once. Nine turns for one pound. To be honest the only thing I can reliably use Wish for is heal fodder for Buguitar, in which both I and Buguitar find sad. The only fights he participates in anymore is if a trainer has a second pokemon in which Wish switches in due to Humility. I think Wish's power is starting to go down, but I can't really tell as disobedience is clouding everything else about Wish. I can't get the second badge soon enough. Still even then I have to worry about Wish growing over level 30 where disobedience will kick in again until after I get the 4th badge. But after that disobedience shouldn't pop up again.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page