PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > General Feedback thread >

bugology's Avatarbugology
I dunno how much input you guys accept re: sprite redesigns, BUT here’s my 2 cents: I Lov Albino Garbodor and I know pink albinos is a touchy subject these days but I think the delightfully fleshy-looking pastel pink color works really great with Garby’s general Slime Vibes (and I think the warm colors fit the garbage monster better than the usual clean-looking toothpaste blue/green that most redesigns get). I don’t know if that’s one of your go-to redesigns for when you get to Unova, but as someone who is very much invested in Garbodor I think the current albino sprite is terrific! Also regarding sprite redesigns (and something that’s less far off into the future than Unova), the current melan sprites for Dustox look gorgeous!! I know how the artists feel about “neon colors”, but I genuinely think the deep magenta and bold blue looks stunning against the stark black. I wouldn’t mind a slight retouching of the shadows/line work like with some other sprites, but as far as color schemes go this one is REALLY solid, I wouldn’t change a thing!! (Same with Wurmple too; again, I know the artists tend to dislike bright colors and want to desaturate them as much as possible but in this case - and a lot of others - the saturated colors against black is REALLY effective, and the contrast between bright and dark adds more visual interest than homogenous desaturated darker tones throughout. “Neon” colors aren’t inherently bad and in my opinion shouldn’t be avoided exclusively on the basis that they’re saturated - but as professional artists I’m sure you already know that! Admittedly I do think Wurmple individually could use a sliiight desaturation with the green or even a slight bluish tint just to make it a little easier on the eyes, but overall I think the general color scheme of a saturated jade green + black is really stylish.) These are just spitballs of course; the whole dustox thing just started by me scrolling through the specials list for hoenn and being blown away by how much I loved dustox’s melans (seriously, I can’t overstate how much I love that color scheme). Just felt like throwing my hat in the ring!
Watch me liquefy in real-time! (avatar is official TCG art)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page