PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Acottontail's probally a journal

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Acottontail's probally a journal >

ACottontail's AvatarACottontail

Shiny Scramble, Chapter 4, Nightmares from Jubilife City

"Ah that was a nice lunch, so what should we do in this town now?" Shiny asked. Just then a man walked up to the trio. Man:"Oh, oh, oh? You call yourself a pokemon trainer? And yet you have no poketch?" Shiny:"Yes. Why does a trainer need a super fancy watch to train pokemon." Man:"That is, pokemon... wait how did you already know this, err I mean of course every one knows of this." Shiny:"I learned it from some online forums. The thread was created 4 months ago but it still only has one page." Man:"Oh my, you are a rare case indeed!" "Um... I... don't remember anyone ever wearing any watches." Shiny:"Besides isn't the poketch just a Sinnoh thing?" Man:"You see, I invented, and now manufacture, poketches." Shiny:"Oh this is an advertising thing, makes sense." Man:"Not only that, I'm now conducting the poketch promotional campaign! All you have to do is find three clowns in Jubilife city." Shiny:"Oh no. Not the clowns. Do you know how bad things get in fictional stories about them?" "Shiny? you shouldn't judge someone based on a fictional story you read, what was the story anyway?" Shiny:"Attack of the super very most scary most clowns. It was about some clowns, with Hypnos." "Are you sure that wasn't just a horror story?" Shiny:"But these days every one honors books so they must be true. I read that in a book once," Man:"If you can find them... I will gift you with a poketch." "A gift for winning a game of hide and seek? That sounds fun! Come on Shiny? let's do this!" Shiny:"Alright. I do like free stuff." Man:"Each of the clowns will ask you something about pokemon, get it right and they will give you a coupon, get 3 and tell me to get the poketch. Good luck! Have fun!" The trio began searching. "So where do you think a clown..." just after 3 steps they spotted a clown. "Um... so that is a clown... Hey Wish why don't you talk to them?" "Okay!" Wish walked over to the clown. "Hello!" Clown:"Hi! I'm a poketch campaign clown! Let's roll out my question! Does a pokemon grow by defeating others and gaining exp. points?" Shiny from a distance asked, "Does he mean experience points or execution points?" Wish noticed Shiny staying a distance away. "Come on Shiny?! Just come up to the clown." Wish held Shiny's hand and tried walking over to the clown. Shiny hesitantly followed. Shiny:"Yes?" Clown:"Ding-Ding! You're AbsolUtely correct! Pokemon grow stronger by defeating other pokemon in battle. Some pokemon grow into an entirely different form in a process known as evolution. Here you go! Your poketch coupon!" Buguitar thought of how much evolution could change her. She could become something like a fish, or something completely tone deaf. She started shaking in her spot. "Buguitar are you okay?" "Don't worry, I'm fine." And with that the trio wandered around Jubilife city some more. Shiny thought she spotted some tall grass to the right of Jubilife city. Shiny could swear she saw something. "Hey I think I see something over there." Shiny walked forward. A man came up to her and said"By, the way, have you participated in the poketch campaign? Not yet, right? You really must try!" "I've heard about it and gotten one coupon." Shiny said. "But I want to see what's on the route over there a little bit first." The man took Shiny and forced her back into Jubilife city. "Hey that isn't very nice. You can't just do that to others." Shiny was furious. She started aggressively dancing at the man. "Did you just mess with me. You have evoked the wrath of team skull! I am going to tell all of team skull about this on their forums and you will rule the day you forced a trainer to get a poketch the next time you set foot in Alola!" The man did not respond. "Come Wish and Buguitar, I bet he's just a part of the poketch marketing campaign. Let's just leave Jubilife city then." "Yeah!" "Okay. I don't want either of you to get hurt from this capaign." The trio walked onto route 204. They came across a Budew. "Okay Wish you're up." "Okay!" The Budew used growth. Wish pounded on Budew. Budew grew again and Wish metronomed a metal claw, but it missed. Budew continued to grow before Wish knocked them out with pound. Sarah:"Oh, a weak-looking trainer... Do you want to have a go?" Shiny:"We are not weak. Any way let's go!" Buguitar was up. Shiny threw a pokeball to waste a turn, but the Bidoof missed their tackle. Buguitar began with a growl. The Bidoof growled back. Buguitar gathered her emotions, I don't sound like a chalkboard, I don't sound like a chalkboard... Tackle... Tackle... Strike! Bidoof lost half of her health. Buguitar and Bidoof growled at each other. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Tackle... Tackle.. Strike! But it hardly did anything. Buguitar growled while taking two tackles. Buguitar gathered her rage... Growl... Tackle... Strike! It still hardly did anything as she took a tackle. Buguitar growled while taking a tackle again. She gathered herself... Growl... Growl... she flailed around but she didn't do anything to the Bidoof. Buguitar was at 8 health left now. "Buguitar don't worry I've got your back." Wish blocked an incoming tackle. Wish finished the Bidoof off with a pound. Bugitar felt the strength from the defeated Bidoof, and went up a level. Wish also felt this energy and became level10. Wish felt like he could learn sweet kiss. However Wish wasn't really that into romance so he didn't learn the move. Sarah:"Aww... I should have said no. I didn't know you were tough... I'm going to train harder too!" And with that battle Buguitar was tired so the trio headed back to the pokemon center before going further. A few steps in... Tyler:"My dad gave me some pokemon! They're gonna win for me!" Tyler sent out a Magikarp. Shiny laughed a little bit. She wasted a turn while Buguitar got hit with the oh so dangerous splash. "Grorlwrlwlw!" Buguitar survived another dangerous splash. "Okay sense there is no chance of bide defeating this Magikarp Wish you're up!" Said Shiny. "Okkie dokkie!" Wish switched into the most dangerous move in the world. Wish pounded Magikarp. Wish then metronomed a swagger. The Magikarp became much more threatening with a boosted attack stat. Magikarp hurt himself in confusion then Wish finished him with pound. "It's your turn!" "Okay." Buguitar walked onto the battle field. A bird, birds eat bugs. Buguitar had a panic attack. Growl... Growl... Buguitar was frozen in fear when Starly used tackle. "Grorrolw!" Buguitar was quick attacked. Buguitar gathered her frustration of not being able to attack the Starly... Tackle... Quick attack... Quick attack... Strike! The Starly was in the red zone. "Grrrolworwl!" and Buguitar was growled back. Buguitar gathered her anger... Tackle... Tackle... Strike! With only 3 health left Buguitar defeated the Starly. Tyler:"But they were the pokemon I got from my dad..." "Good job Buguitar. Anyway we should probably rush you to the pokemon center." Said Shiny. One center trip latter... Samantha: "May I please trouble you for a battle?" Shiny wasted a turn. The Budew began with growth. Wish pounded the Budew while she used growth again. Budew growthed while Wish metronomed an amnesia. Budew water spored while Wish pounded. Wish sang while Budew grew. "Take, some, a, erm..." But Wish couldn't remember the words to the song. Budew used absorb while Wish finished Budew off with a pound. Samantha:"Oh... Your so strong..." The trio walked further into the route. There was a cave called Ravaged path. "Let's go in there!" Said Shiny. "But um... will we get lost?" "Don't worry Buguitar I will keep track of where we are going." The trio walked in. Shiny saw an item and picked it up. "Hey look, an Antidote." Everyone went to leave the cave when a normal Zubat appeared. Wish pouned the Zubat while getting leach lifed. Wish metronomed a secret power. Wish grew to level 11! "There are rocks in the way!" "We could walk past them." Said Shiny. With some struggle Shiny failed to walk over the rocks. "Oh come on these are like, waist high." Buguitar charged at the rocks. Buguitar took 2 damage. "Buguitar are you okay? I don't think it's a good idea to try to break the rocks." "It's a wonderful idea though." Said Shiny. She karate chopped a rock. The rock remained unbroken and Shiny's hand became red. "Bad idea, bad idea! Man the internet makes this look so easy." "I think we should leave the cave. I don't want either of you to get more hurt trying to break those rocks." Shiny held her hand. "Agreed." The trio exited the cave. On their way they saw a normal Shinx. Not seeing the point the trio fled. The trio visited the pokemon center. "So with that creep blocking the east and those rocks blocking the north what should we try to do now?" "We could try to finish that game of hide and seek for a free poketch. " "Alright... I don't want to deal with clowns but I do like free stuff." The trio wandered around Jubilife city. They found another clown. "Okay Wish you just answer the question for the clown." Wish took Shiny's hand and tugged gently. "Shiny you should concur your fear of clowns. They're just people trying to cheer others up. There's nothing to be afraid of." Clown:"Just like Pokemon types, the moves of Pokemon also have types?" Shiny:"Yes." Clown:”Ding-Ding! You're AbsolUtely correct! If the Pokemon's type matches it's move's type, that move is made much more powerful!" The clown handed Shiny a coupon. Shiny walked up to another clown. Clown:"Can a pokemon hold an item?" Shiny:"Yes." Clown:”Ding-Ding! You're AbsolUtely correct! A pokemon may hold a single item. Some items become effective as soon as they are held by a pokemon. Berries are eaten by pokemon as necessary during battle." The clown handed Shiny a coupon. "Wow Shiny congratulations! You got all three coupons so we can get a poketch now. You also appear to have overcame your fear of clowns." Shiny:"I did. I just realized that if the clowns ever do something with Hypnos or something I have you to pound them up and Buguitar to bide them up." "Shiny that isn't what I was trying to..." Shiny:"It all makes perfect sense!" The trio walked over to the poketch man from before. Man:"Let me count your coupons! I'll use the poketch here..." Shiny:"Are you serious? How hard is it to count to three?" Man:"I am trying to demonstrate the counting feature of the poketch." "No offense, but... using the poketch to count to three, looks... pretty weak." Man:"One, Two, Three! Bravo! I say, bravo! In return for these coupons I present you this pokemon watch, or poketch for short!" Shiny got the poketch. She looked down at her watch, "Whoa." It had some numbers that appeared to be a time, but she still had trouble with hours past 12. Man:"You can add apps to your poketch to make it even more versatile! Touch the poketch screen and please do try it out!" He walked away. "Ooo, we got a poketch! What can it do?" Shiny:"Let's see here." There was a clock, a calculator, a step counter and a party display. "Well I know which one of these I'm using 90% of the time." Shiny set it to the party screen. "So what do we do now? I guess we should charge head first into what ever battle opportunity we get." The trio walked around town. They headed east. There was that man from before. They managed to walk past him without any hassle this time. Barry ran up to Shiny. Barry:"Hey! Shiny! Tell me you got a little tougher!" "Hi Barry." Shiny:"Yes, Wish and Buguitar have gained a few levels. What about you?" Barry:"Me? Do you even need to ask? Of course I got tougher! Come on! Let's battle it out!" Buguitar was up first. Shiny wasted a turn. Starly used growl then quick attack. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Growl... Growl... Arg! Nothing! Buguitar growled in frustration. Just then Starly quick attacked Buguitar twice. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Growl... Growl nothing... Buguitar was getting very annoyed at Starly. She prepared a growl preparing for a quick attack. Surprisingly the Starly growled back. Starly quick attacked. Buguitar gathered her emotions... quick attack, a critical hit! Another quick attack made Buguitar fall. "Buguitar!" Wish stepped in to avenge his fallen team mate. The Starly stood still at full health. Starly growled Wish, Wish pounded the Starly. Starly quick attacked. Wish wiggled his stub and tried to use fissure, just for Starly to dodge it. Starly landed a critical quick attack while Wish pounded. Shiny:"Okay Wish, you should use wish to heal yourself from that critical hit." "I don't know... I mean you let Buguitar faint." Wish wiggled his stub and used faint attack while Starly quick attacked Wish. Shiny:"Maybe now you could use wish wish?" Starly growled while Wish started singing "Take a melody," and Starly fell asleep. Shiny:"Please Wish, use wish." "Hold on I want to let Starly rest for a bit first." Wish then started to finally chant something. Wish fainted the Starly with a pound. Wish's wish came true and fully healed him. Wish wiggled a stub and used attract, only to find out the opposing Turwing was straight. The Turtwig tackled Wish twice then withdrawed. Wish pounded Turtwig while taking a tackle. Wish started chanting something. Wish pounded Turtwig while he withdrawed. Wish's wish came true and healed him. Wish wiggled a stub and used embargo. Turtwig tackled Wish. Wish in his frustration wiggled a stub and used fire punch. Wish looked in shock to what he had done. He had... He had... broken his own virtue. Wish looked at his own stub that caused it. Wish lowered his head in shame, he had failed at temperance. During Wish's sulking the Turtwing managed to get in a withdraw and tackle. Shiny:"Come on Wish, the battle isn't over yet, you can do it." "But, but I failed at temperance." Shiny:"But Wish your the only one who can win this battle now. Buguitar tried hard to face off against that Starly that you defeated. Are you going to stop now and let that all be for nothing?" "Wait no one switched in after I defeated. That's temperance and humility broken." Shiny:"But Wish I don't think that counts as humility broken since there was literately no one you could switch into. Come on Wish, Buguitar really wanted to win the fight. Do you want to let her down?" "No." Shiny:"So Wish get back in there and defeat this Turtwig, for Buguitar!" "For Buguitar!" Wish got back up. Wish pounded Turtwig while the Turtwig withdrawed. Wish started chanting something while Turtwig tackled Wish. Wish took a tackle. Wish's wish came true and restored him to 28/32 health. Wish wiggled his stub and metronomed a wrap, that missed... Turtwig tackled Wish. Wish started chanting something while taking a tackle. Wish wiggled his stub and used comet punch while taking a tackle. Wish pounded Turtwig while taking a tackle. Wish started chanting something. Turtwig used tackle, but it missed. Wish wiggled his stub and used brine, and despite not being very effective did more that pound could do. Turtwig used tackle. Wish's wish healed Wish. "Simple as can be" sang Wish but Turtwig wasn't paying attention. Wish took a tackle. Wish metronomed a conversation, but it failed. Turtwig tackled Wish twice. Wish started chanting something while being tackled. Wish pounded Turtwig while being tackled. Wish's wish came true and healed him. Wish metronomed a cross chop while taking a tackle. Wish pounded Turtwig while taking a tackle. Wish started chanting something while taking a tackle twice. Wish's wish came true. Wish pounded Turtwig while being tackled. Wish started chanting something while being, just assume after very action Wish is tackled. Wish used pound. Wish pounded again. Wish was shocked that once again he failed his virtue. Shiny:"Come on Wish, you can't get yourself down again, this is a very close battle and if you sulk you could lose this for Buguitar. Wish started singing something "How, I failed temperance twice...". Both pokemon were in the red zone. Shiny used a potion on Wish. Wish pounded. Wish sang "This is a terrible day..." Wish pounded again. Shiny used another potion. Wish was tackled twice because he wasted all of the healing items and sulked about it. Wish did some intelligible humming. Wish after being tackled sang "Oh how everything, seems to be failing. But yet, we must not give up." Turtwig finally fell asleep. Wish used pound. Wish hummed something. It was just enough time for Turtwig to wake up and use withdraw, but Turtwig's defense couldn't go any higher. Turtwig used withdraw again and appeared to be out of pp for tackle. The Turtwig had been pp stalled. Wish used pound. Wish sang something "Give it some words and a sweet melody." and Turtwig fell asleep. Wish continued to hum. Wish used pound. Turtwig woke up and withdrawed with what appeared to be one health left. Wish continue to hum but Turtwig ignored it. Wish pounded Turtwig and finally, Turtwig went down. "Finally." Wish breathed heavily. Barry:"What's going on here. I lost?" Shiny:"Yes you did. Though I also lost 2 potions, Buguitar lost her health and Wish lost his innocence. First Buguitar and now Wish. Are you planing to push all of the pokemon I catch over their edge?" Barry:"No. Well that's it! We were so close. That's the last time I'll ever lose!" Shiny:"I better grind then. Why am I getting revenge fantasies of one shotting all of your pokemon in our next battle." "Shiny? knocking out others isn't nice..." Wish turned to Barry, "But neither is insulting others, fainting others or MAKING THEM BREAK THEIR VIRTUES! Okay Shiny? let me at him, let me at him." Shiny:"Whoa not yet Wish, we'll settle this on the battle field, that is how team skull avoids punishment for things slightly outside the rules anyway. At least then it looks like a battling mishap." Barry:"Shiny you know I can hear you right? You better not be planing my demise or planing to use me in one of your dumb team skull things." Shiny:"Team Skull is not dumb!" Barry:"But weren't they just a gang that did... I don't even know what they do." Shiny:"Ha, you don't even know the awesomeness of team skull." Barry:"Anyway Shiny I'm going to be the world's toughest trainer, and you know it!" Shiny:"Replace tough with causes the most emotional issues and I think you have a shot." Barry:"Sigh, The first thing to do is take on the Oreburgh city pokemon gym. I'm gonna toughen up for that, totally!" Barry ran off. Wish's stats: Health:9/32 Pound:17/35 Sing:4/15 Wish:0/10 Metronome:0/10 Shiny ran to the pokemon center. "Buguitar, Wish, are you okay." "What, what happened?" "I became a horrible pokemon who can't even stick to their own virtues." "Wish?" "Don't look at me, I don't deserve to be looked at. I'm a terrible pokemon." Wish started crying. "Wish..." Buguitar came next to Wish. She didn't know how to make things better. Shiny:"Wish it wasn't your fault, RNG just hates our guts." "Great and I doomed our team to horrible RNG because I can't follow my virtues." "Wish... Please don't... Please don't be like this." "But I broke my own virtue. How can I forgive myself for this?" "Wish, please don't give up. You are, an amazing pokemon. So what if you made, a, single mistake?" "Single mistake? I did it twice. Arg I'm such a terrible pokemon. And great I'm dampening the mood by angsting about this. I'm sorry." "Don't be sorry Wish. You didn't really do anything to be sorry about. Wish hung his head down. "Who did this to Wish?" Shiny:"Barry, and RNG. In the heat of battle, well..." "Am I allowed to use bide on Barry?" Shiny:"No Buguitar that would get us in trouble. Though it would be a shame if you were to miss one of his pokemon and the attack kept going." "I like that plan." "Please don't do acts of violence because I failed at temperance." "Fine... Then... Though I wouldn't mind, well, doing it." Shiny:"Anyway I guess we should head out. New Rule! Wish due to breaking his virtue feels terrible. He will refuse to battle as the highest leveled pokemon if disobedience could kick in. Wish also wants to forget metronome asap as that is the accursed move that caused him to break his temperance. The trio headed to Jubilife Condominiums. They saw a girl with a Patchirezo and Pikachu. "Oh, your pokemon is quite adorable." Buguitar ducked down and blushed. Girl:"Here, try making them hold this quick claw." Shiny:"Here Buguitar try holding this quick claw." Buguitar took the quick claw. "Thanks..." The trio headed to route 204. A wild Budew appeared. "Okay Buguitar let's go!" Buguitar was sent out to battle. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Absorb... Absorb... Strike! Buguitar was poisoned by poison point. Budew grew. "Grrrolwrowlw!" the Budew continued to grow. "Um... maybe we should run." Said Shiny. The trio fled. "Ow..." Buguitar was suffering from the poison. "Buguitar are you okay?" "No..." "Shiny use your antidote!" Shiny:"But what if I need it latter?" "Buguitar is poisoned! What better time would be for an antidote?" Shiny:"A dungeon or the middle of a route. We could need it latter if one of you get poisoned there. But what if I need it even latter..." "Shiny?!" Shiny:"Okay we'll run to the pokemon center since that is close." "I think... I... might of... stopped... being, well... poisoned." Buguitar was stumbling at one health left. Buguitar was healed. The trio walked to route 203. In the tall grass they encountered a wild Starly. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Tackle... Growl... strike! The Starly was almost at half health and growled. "Groolwlwowl!" The Starly used quick attack. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Tackle... Growl... strike! The Starly had 1/4 health left and growled. "Grooolwlww!" Both pokemon growled then Starly quick attacked. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Growl... strike! But it was a miss. The Starly tried to tackle but it was also a miss. "Groooolwlww!" Buguitar was quick attacked, and of course it was a critical hit... Being faced with fainting and Wish being unwilling to battle Buguitar fled. Except the Starly chased Buguitar and growled at Buguitar, who's attack couldn't go lower. Buguitar was cornered by Starly and growled at. Buguitar's heart was racing. She finally managed to escape with only 2 health left. Buguitar was healed then this was tried again. Another Starly appeared. Starly quick attacked. Buguitar started gathering her emotions... Tackle... strike! Starly growled with just above 1/2 health. "Groolwowlw!" Buguitar was tackled. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Tackle... Quick attack... strike! The Starly fainted. Buguitar felt proud that she fainted the Starly all by herself. She could feel tremendous power flowing through her. Buguitar starting glowing white. Next thing she knew she was a towering giant with her hands replaced by swords. "Ahhh!" "Buguitar it looks like you evolved." Said Shiny. "Congratulations Buguitar! Wow, your so tall now!" "Um..." Buguitar was terrified. She wasn't really sure what to do with her body. It just changed so suddenly. Buguitar stumbled backwards. "Buguitar are you okay?" "No! Just what... what is this!" Shiny inspected Buguitar. "Well you evolved. It means that you changed shape and grew stronger." "How do I unevolve?" "You can't." Shiny answered. "Your a Kricketune now." "No, no, no, nonononononono no. This... this is just to much." "Buguitar, I'll help you get used to your evolution. Now first we should help you get up." Shiny and Wish helped Buguitar up. Shiny held onto Buguitar's scythe. "We should probably head into the pokemon center for the night." Said Shiny. The sun was setting and it was getting rather dark out. "Alright. A good night's sleep will help us in the morning." The trio walked to the pokemon center. Shiny helped the newly evolved Buguitar walk, but Buguitar started getting the hang of walking by the time they made it to the pokemon center. The trio rested on couches and cushions, and went to sleep.

Team so far

Wish the Cleffa

Wish the Cleffa - level 11 Pound Sing Wish Metronome 28, 12, 13, 15, 18, 12 Virtues: Kindness, Humility, Temperance Too easy and too hard options Okay the levels for traded pokemon obedience will be a setback. Seriously I felt like they didn't play test the levels. Roark has all of his pokemon over level 10. Do they really except someone to beat his gym with level 10 or under pokemon? The worst part is the cap doesn't rise until Gardenia. Why do I get a feeling like this was either not play tested or they are trying to discourage the use of using any traded pokemon? Good thing I picked the too hard option, I could have lost Wish to the RNG if I didn't. I am still going to try for temperance, even if the RNG says otherwise.

Buguitar the Kricketune

Buguitar the Kricketune - level 10 Growl Bide Fury Cutter 36, 25, 17, 16, 15, 18 Buguitar was terrible as a Kricketot. Her only damaging attack was bide which was pretty much left up to the hands of RNG if it did anything. Heck she even didn't do any damage to Barry's Starly due to the poor RNG. I haven't battled with her as a Kricketune yet but I have a feeling she will be my MVP with her higher stats, obedience and non RNG based damaging move.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page