PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Novan-chan's AvatarNovan-chan

QUOTE originally posted by chimeranyx

Phew, I'm not the only one disappointed with it's evos. ... I also really hate the names.
I'm sorry you're disappointed in Flarbat's line. A lot of thought and care went into making its design, as well as when Flaroptera was added into the line. It was originally just Flarbat and Flarotis, and Flarotis' design was different then whats seen now. It had about 5 different designs, while flarbat had 2 and Flaroptera had 3. Flarbat and Flarotis had bigger noses at 1st and Flaroptera once had long back ribbons that came off its back. As for the names. Mind I bother in asking why? Thought Was also put into their names. Using the idea of bats for it. Flare is obviously the 1st portion of all 3 of their names, "a sudden brief burst of bright flame", the ending part of their names involving its species. Flarbat's design is off a Mouse-Eared Bat, a common bat. Its name is a mix of Flare + Bat. Flarotis is based on Greater Mouse-Earred Bats. A Greater Mouse-Eared Bat's Genus/Species is Myotis Myotis. Its name is based off this, being Flare + Myotis. Performers*
I was VERY MUCH into performers since after Faemueno
were in mind of its design as well as petit and cute that'll stand to height to a child and play pretend with them or preform infront of crowds. Its Body type is similar to how Hawlucha's is, with straighter legs. Flaroptera is based on a Megabat, more specifically a Giant Golden-Crowned Flying Fox*
a bit lacking on the gold
, which is the largest known species of bat. Its name is a mix of Flare and Chiroptera, This is the bat's Order. Along side it being based on such a bat, it takes aspects of a fox in its design. Along to its design was a gem'd Dragon or a Carbuncle. With its design, it could 'act' as the fierce dragon when playing. artwork concepts for the most up-to-date version of Flarbat line. Showing Flarotis dancing with a Pikachu, showing its wings tucked in as explained in its dex. Also showing Flaroptera on all fours, its wings closed, and it showing affection to its trainer (Male PFQ Trainer)

QUOTE originally posted by Hitch-Hiker

--- I will admit that the 2nd evolution looks kind of awkward. I don't really understand why it has the yellow mohawk when neither flarbat or the final evolution have this. Perhaps it could have the yellow stripe like flarbat but have the beginnings of the horns that the final evolution has?---
With that logic, then Grovyle is also awkward as its the only one of its line with a huge leaf on its head. The 'mohawk' is more like what's left of the 'baby fur' from its prior evo and it appears as a big tuff of furr on its head. The Male has is messy while the female is well kept and The yellow stripe is still there throughout the line.

QUOTE originally posted by xXShadeXx

QUOTE originally posted by Esme

Shiny Flarbat looks like a watermelon c:
You read my mind. It's so precious. Though I wonder why pink and green.
Its a Fruit Bat.

QUOTE originally posted by sketchlynx

These new fakemon is definitely good but i can't help but notice it look like a sonic oc no disrespect or anthing! it looks a lot like rouge the bat which is cool so kudos
Rouge was no where in mind of Flarbat's line creation. Also do excuse me, but I don't see anywhere that shows the line being like a Sonic OC. Where do you see that?

QUOTE originally posted by Gladion

That pastel purple on the Flarbat line's wings really throws me off, no offense to whoever made it. The Flarbat line has pretty fiery colors except for that... and pastel doesn't make much sense on a fierce-looking Pokemon. Also, it sorta looks like shiny Solynx just gained wings...
That whom would be Me. Flarbat's line isn't meant to be a really fierce Pokemon. Its more cheerful by nature but very protective. The inner wing colors is actually a blue leaning purple, its just with how light it is, it appears straight purple. The pastel color was mainly to give a cool color to the warm colors that is brought in with the orange-red and yellow. It was also indeed apart of the fairy portion of its typing but mainly cause it looked nice for such a cute guy that Flarbat is. Originally, Flarotis and Flaroptera were going to have an actual Color Difference on Gender but it became difficult with the melans cause it had to combine to what Flarbat's wing color was. After some thought and fighting with it, the Gender Difference was changed but Flarbat's wing colors were kept for the whole line. Another reason why the wings are the way they are was because Flarbat's wings were very pretty out of the lines. It looks like a Shiny Solynx with wings? Their base colors aren't even the same, close ye, but not the same. Flarbat's line is a Red-Orange. Solynx is straight red. Not only this, patterns are far differnet and they happen to have white as secondary.

QUOTE originally posted by Diancietherock

Hmm, I'm not sure how to feel on this new Fakemon; while it certainly has it's own high points, it just looks.. Awkward, in some ways? No offense to whomever created it, but it doesn't seem to scream Fire/Fairy to me. In addition, it certainly does look like a Solynx/Golbat/Lycanroc kind of fusion to me. I also certainly hope we'll get Fakemon starters; I'm eager to see the water starter, if that's the case.
Some of ye guys have a imagination with comparing. I'm still trying to see why some of you guys can say Flarbat line is a Solynx, etc, when the only thing similarity is the base body color and the secondary being white. An even then the base is Red-Orange while teh other is straighte red for the shiny. Also, a few of your guys have said "no offence" or "no disrespect", even though the few of you say it, that feeling is kinda there. Several of the comments personally felt as bashing, not just towards Flarbat, but me as an artist with how its was worded. You guys are open to your opinion, of course, but don't be rude. I'm going to be very honest. With how a few of the comments have been for Flarbat's line, I don't have high hopes for the other 3 Season 4 Fakemon when they get released.
credits
Novan-Chan and all forms of her belong to me Avatar of Novan is made by me for my use only!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page