PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Styleclass and You: An Introduction

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > Styleclass and You: An Introduction >

Niall's AvatarNiall

Styleclass and You

An Introduction

written by Niall

Table of Contents

1. Introduction 2. What this is and what this isn't a. Why use [
style
]? b. Onsite links c. Rules 3. Formatting an empty [
style
] tag a. Defining a class b. Adding { & } c. Adding CSS d. Using [
styleclass
] 4. Styling your post a. Required i. Links 1. Visited & Unvisited links 2. Hovering & Active links b. Easy/Medium i. Titles ii. Bold and italic iii. Underlines iv. Tooltips v. Tables vi. Images c. Difficult i. Panels ii. Progress bars iii. Lists iv. Tabbed interfaces 5. Tips and Tricks a. Comments b. New Lines c. Remove BBCode d. Variables e. Being mobile-friendly 6. Conclusion a. Resources b. Special Thanks c. Changelog
Months and months in the planning, here is my baby! A giant guide to help with theming forum posts, something that I truly believe is lacking in the forums. Here we go! Let me set the scene: You have a template, but something really irks you: Nothing on it matches with your site skin! Links are the wrong color, the hideboxes are hard to read, what do you do?! Do you change your skin? But what if someone else has the same skin? Then it won't match their's! Don't worry, I have a solution for you! Please read all of the information provided carefully so you don't miss anything! Before you go any further, this is an advanced tutorial. You should already know how to make a template, be VERY comfortable with BBCode and at the very least be able to write out CSS! This is tricky stuff, but I'm here to help!

Onsite Links

Please check the rules of those threads before going to them for help. Thank you! Do note that this guide is just a snippet of what [
style
] and [
CSS
] can do for you. It would take pages and pages to even begin to discuss every single combination of CSS. Therefore, I have limited this guide to theming forum posts to go with templates. Why use [
style
]? It extends the customization of your posts! You can do so much more, and the possibilities are (pretty much) endless. So read ahead! After you read the rules, of course!

Thread Rules

1. Please follow PFQ rules. All site rules apply to the entire thread.
  2. Only ask questions about style. Do not post questions for templates, as this guide and this thread are not for them. Advanced questions about CSS are allowed if they cannot be answered in the other guides, other users and myself would be glad to help you!
  3. Disclaimer: I'm not a professional. I just have a knack for coding and love to read. All of this information has been collected all around PFQ and several Google searches, as well as a few experimental sessions with a journal post, so I cannot guarantee anything.
  4. No critiques. Template and coding critiques are not to be posted or asked for here. "What am I doing wrong?" is an appropriate question for this thread!
  5. Do not code without the template artist's permission. If you order a template from a shop, be sure to ask permission to add [
    style
    ] to their templates if they do not supply it. This is a courtesy to the artist and might even inspire them to learn more about [
    style
    ]!
  6. Read everything! Make sure you read the entire guide in order to understand everything. If you ever feel confused, go back and reread, but you can post questions if you have any!
  7. Suggestions are welcome! Feel free to post any suggestions of things you think should be added to the guide, and if it sounds good, I'll add it!
  8. Still have questions? My inbox is also open if you need help. Don't hesitate to send me a PM and I will see if I can help!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page