PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Novie's Bruh Journals

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff > Novie's Bruh Journals >

Novan-chan's AvatarNovan-chan

Surfing, Snowboarding and Flying The New Exclusive Pichu lines!

I haven't had time around the time these guys were added but I still very much wanted to talk about these lil guys. Just sort of gonna explain all of them an such and why I put what I put into them. Let's share, Yes~? SorryNotSorry if long

The Exclusives

Surfing: Snowboarding: Flying:
This Project was actually merely supposed to be just me making the Pichu Exclusive line's the Albino and Melanistic lines for them. What ended up happening is that became slightly upset and displeased with how the old exclusives looked. So I up'd and went about and remade them on my own and it was all up'd an approved. T'was Novie approved an even Staff approved. Was so happy. I personally didn't enjoy the old sprites. There were slight shade differences with one or two of them, if I remember right and they all weren't of size. Some were a lil bigger, others a lil smaller. Though what I really didn't enjoy was that the exclusives didn't look special. They, mainly Surfing and Flying, mainly were normal sprites with minor edits and holding the items that made them the exclusive they were. The Snowboarding, while sprited, what I assume, by scratch, didn't completely look pokemon-ish enough and the snowboard lacked shading. I personally wanted the Chu Exclusives to actually be their namesakes, actually appear like their in-action and look like they're happy and stuff. Not just simply standing and holding their items. I also wanted them to still be more different then from the normal Chu line. This is reasoning for the eyes, which will be explained below. Remaking all the Pichu Exclusive Lines took about 2 and a half months to do. That was the time that I had actually touched it and really went into it. Even during my supposed 'breaks' ((cause I don't actually break)) and went off to a trip to meet family, I was still working on The Exclusives. It had also had me up an ask to fix up the melans to the normal chus while I was at ((there was a mistake on melan raichu mainly but had also touched up the colors an kept them.. color variations)) so it was ride! I actually had put in a nice amount of research and stuff into the lines, mainly with the Surfing line, to get what everyone sees now c:

Surfing Chu Line

The Surfing Chus, I say, have the most Research and References put into them then all. Looked up through Pokemon anime, Pokemon Yellow version, looked up waves and looked up various Swimsuits. I went around and looked at stuff involving Surfing Pikachu which was the most commonly seen Pikachu variant in games and seen in the anime and in the manga, also being used in the old gen games. 1st lemme explain to those who don't get why the Surfing Chu line, as well the Snowboarding Chu line, have Blue eyes. For those who do, Novie am proud. Now then, The reasoning why they have Blue eyes is because of an actual Pikachu that had Blue eyes that was seen. No its not me but thank you. No. This Pikachu is named Puka. Puka is a Pikachu that was able to feel the ocean and tell when big waves were coming. It was slightly larger Pikachu than Ash's Pikachu and it was a sweetheart. Puka appeared in EP067 "The Pi-Kahuna" ((Or "The Legend of the Surfing Pikachu" in Jap)) and was the only Episode Puka was seen in. Here's Puka!

Puka the Surfing Pikachu

This is why Surfing chu line has blue eyes. I wanted to reference the Pikachu that the Chu line is based from. And, if anyone wants further explanation, Snowboard Chu line also has Blue eyes because you need a Surfing PIchu to get a Snowboarding chu. That's why. Funfact: Novie loved Puka's episode when she was lil. It was that one, EP039 "Pikachu's Goodbye"((Or "Forest of Pikachu" in JAP)) and EP014 "Electric Shock Showdown" ((Or "Electric Shock Showdown! Kuchiba Gym" in JAP)). These are among several episodes Novie loves. Surfing Pikachu's Pose in particular has its own lil 'reference' to it if you guys want me to really get deep. Its Pose is based on the very tiny sprite seen when having Pikachu use Surf in the old Gen games, and popularly seen in Pokemon Yellow's opening and in its minigame "Pikachu Beach" While Pikachu is posed to be like that of the Surfing Pikachu in the old mini game, Surfing Raichu was posed like it was going down a wave. Surfing Pichu, while based off the old sprite, it was edited with its feet together as if to go "Can we go!? PWEASE!?" Now, onto the boards, swimsuits n floaties. Pichu's floaty was changed to match up that of the swimsuits on Pikachu and Raichu. So they were changed from floaties with pokadots to stripes. The swimsuits were very fun to make. I went around to get an idea about them Cause, while I didn't mind the trunks, I didn't enjoy the Bikini. They didn't look very appealing and didn't fit so well on the Chus. I would've thought a lil better if it was like one of em 2 pieces lil kids wear but no, it was a string bikini. A string Bikini on a mouse, It looked horrible to me. I ultimate came to the conclusion to have them wear form fitting outfits that matched rather than keep the trunks and bikini (*Shivers*) I browsed around Google checking out various swimsuit designs to get what I liked most. The female suit, which was worked on after the male's ((Worked on Pikachu before Raichu)) mainly branched off what I had already got from the male's Til I thought "eh" and added the white patch on the chest. FunFact: Since the Female's had the full suits, I wanted the male's to stay cool too, So I added a necklace that sported a "Sharpedo's Fang". Cool uh? So stereotypical surfer XD The Surfboards, those were fun. Its pretty obvious I love references, so I ditched those surfboards that were seen on the old sprites and I absolutely love the new ones. Surfing Pikachu's board is completely based on the surfboard that can be seen being surfed on by Yellow's Pikachu in the Pocket Monster's manga, in Chapter 44 "The Fake Pikachu", where Yellow's Pikachu uses it against Red's Pikachu. Raichu's surfboard, on the other hand, wasn't one that came from the manga but a game. Instead of keeping the same board, it gets a new board that supports its size. The board that Raichu has is none other then the surfboard that's seen on the Beach course of the game Pokemon Snap. Both Pikachu and Raichu's boards are colored depending on their genders. FunFact: The Surfing chus were the easiest for me to do, not only cause they were the 1st but because I had already had what I wanted to do with them since before making them. The only difficulty was positioning the board and making the water. Flying was 2nd difficult and the most was Snowboarding, due to their action.

Snowboarding Chu Line

The snowboard chus, while they keep the scarves and the board ((Pikachu only)), I wanted them to really look like snowboarders. The boards they have straps that hold them down to the board and I added goggles onto to them which, from what I assume, snowboarders commonly wear. Those goggles have a different tint depending on gender. They also both wear similar scarves like in the original but the colors are same to that seen on the swimsuits. As for the Snowboards. Pikachu still holds the old sprite's snowboard but its more simplified and was given shading. Raichu's snowboard, while it keeps the same coloring, is all striped. I went through looking through tons of snowboard designs but didn't mind anything that looked cool. I do like how it came out though. Also love how they came out pose wise. Just really happy how them guys came out. as said previously with the Surfing Chus, Due to the means of getting the Snowboard chus, they keep their blue eyes. FunFact: I've oddly found great enjoyment in making tiny sprite accessory items since way back into making the custom Pikachu Outfit sprites that are current available ((minus the 1st 5 released with Cosplay.)) When I was nearly finished Snowboarding Raichu, I added the goggles cause I felt like they fit the Snowboards like the Sharpedo fang had fit the male Surfing chus

Flying Chu Line

Flying Chu line was the last bunch I did and was also a set that I looked up a bit more into. 1st off, I seriously had to make them look like they were flying. They're Flying chus! they should be Flying for Arceus sake! let them be their namesake! I fixed up the balloons to appear more like cute plump balloons and changed the colors. the old colors for the balloons were far too bright and had lines that were as bright. Though! I did try keep the same number of numbers that were on the old sprites, rather then change it. But! With Flying Raichu, I wanted to go with something different. Since it had the most of its line, with 5 balloons, I wanted the 5th balloon to be different and make the sprite more cute and have said balloon be different depending on its alt.color ((Being Shiny, ALbino or Melan)) What was 1st thought up was to have the balloons be the Pokeball, GreatBall, Ultraball and Masterball for Normal, Shiny, Albino and Melan respectively. BUT- It was suggested by other artists in the group to use different Pokeballs to make it even cooler and much cuter So the Timerball and Quickball are accompanied by 2 other Pokeballs that I ain't gonna spoil over what they are, that's something for you guys to find out <3 Also! I'd like to bug around with the eyes. Yes, while there have been no Pikachu in the anime or in the games that have described a Chu with Green Eyes, unlike with Puka and its blue eyes. I wanted all the chus to be special and not have the eyes of the normal chu. And, since I have the snowboard and surfing blue eyes, I wanted Flying to have a different eye color so the idea of it having the rivalling eye color to blue that looked adorable on yellow was the next best thing so tada! Green eyes on Flying Chus! Pichu's sprite was loosely based from the Pichu and Pikachu flying Chus from the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game. I was mainly checking it out but I still used it as reference. Pikachu, like its Surfing counterpart, also somewhat goes by the old gen sprite its name sake came from. In Pokémon Yellow, You see this Flying Pikachu
Which what I tried to make look similar with my Flying Pikachu but its pretty obvious they don't looke exactly alike. which is good an bad. Cause I wanted to it look like it but still happy it doesn't cause its it own. Raichu, like the snowboards, was done all on my own and several times of me screwing around with it to make sure it looked good qwq. That one was a long one to go an do. Man the feet were the biggest pain qwq FunFact: While I was still super hyped about the chus, it was still frustrating. Flying Pikachu went through 2 poses before getting what I got and Flying Raichu had 1 other pose. the Snowboards were the most difficult cause I was trying to give them more action. That Pikachu going through 3 while Raichu went through 2 with long spans of time of trying to get the boards right.
---------------------------
so Yeah there you guys go! as much word things I can muster up to explain my chus. Boy you guys can't understand how happy I was when I was making it. IT was so worth the weeks working on them! Imma be honest and say I was also scared that people were gonna hate it. Yeah while I know not everyone is gonna like something, I was happy more people love it! while frustrating here an there I had so much fun and I love how they came out! I also hope you guys like the lil funfacts I had later added into this! I thought it be nice to share a bit more into this with lil facts that most aren't actually facts but yeah! c: C': If anyone has any questions about the Chus, feel free to shoot me a PM <3
Art By Novan Code by Shazi
credits
Novan-Chan and all forms of her belong to me Avatar of Novan is made by me for my use only!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page