PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Events are underway!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 151617

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Some of you may be already aware of this, but I'm getting close to being done with Event programming! As promised, your Interaction Points have been banked. From now on, all of your clicks are counting for the real thing: an Event will be given out on August 12th (it would be later in the month, but I'm gonna be busy with World Championship stuffs) I'm building the Events page here: /events - still kind of a work-in-progress but you can see it being built. So here's a breakdown of how Events work - some of it is similar to PF1, but there have been some changes, so pay attention ;)
When an Event is in progress, your Interaction Points (earned by clicking - bonuses are awarded for clicking Proper Berry, and when Garthic Bonus is active) are all counted and (will be) shown on the Events page, along with your current rank. On the day of the Event itself, at 5 minutes past midnight, the Event will be processed. The interaction points you earned are tallied and a final ranking is calculated. Then, the top 1,000 will receive a System PM telling them of their result. This is where things change from PF1. You will need to go to the Events page to claim your prize. If you were ranked first, then it's an instant win. For the rest of the top 1,000, you will spin a wheel. This wheel carries two colours: red and green. The better your rank, the more green space there is. If you land on green, you win! In any case, all Interaction Points earned are banked. Banked Interaction Points may be spent on Events during a specific period after the Event's release: - Using an Early Event Pass: immediately until 1 month after - In Hypermode: 1 week after until 1 month after - Everyone else: 2 weeks after until 1 month after After a month, the Event will be Vaulted. It will be unobtainable for a little while, before being made available in the Gold Shop. (Basically, whenever I get time to program it in there) So, once again, it's time to get clicking! August 12th, we will have ourselves a new Event! Also, note to self, get the Dex updated so that Events can be seen in it...
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Khisyra's AvatarKhisyra
As these events have a 'expiring claiming date' do they break your shiny hunt chain, like legendaries? :)

QUOTE originally posted by Khisyra

As these events have a 'expiring claiming date' do they break your shiny hunt chain, like legendaries? :)
Yes, they do. This is (one reason) why Egg Passes will be a thing very soon.
Khisyra's AvatarKhisyra
O dear ,alright. *goes into speed hatching mode* Thankyou for the info and bringing back the events! ^u^
Yandalf's AvatarYandalf
Will these events be like the custom sprites or more like the original events that had to be hatched (like mecha mewtwo, guy fawkes cacnea, and such)? Will there be re-releases (I assume there will be)? What about custom sprite makers from PF1 who came over to PFQ whose sprites got approved but never used? Will there be a way to figure out who made those and accredit them properly? I remember PF1 custom spriters got their sprite automatically when it was released, so I'm wondering if this will continue (yes, I am one of those people with an approved sprite ;) ) I know, tons of questions :p Cool news anyway! This will probably kick up the activity :D
Yandalf's AvatarYandalf
Oh, and on another note, are there still any requirements in terms of trainer ranking to be eligible for events (I believe you had to be at least a rookie on PF1? ) or are events available for everyone now? :)

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Khisyra

Yes, they do. This is (one reason) why Egg Passes will be a thing very soon.
Sweetness. doing a shiny hunt RIGHT NOW, so if the egg pass isn't ready in time, will I be able to let the event egg sit in my party unhatched while rotating 5 hunt eggs instead of 6? (if I get one obviously...) Edit: This+FabFriday+MCC=I foresee my hand hurting a bunch! This place is fun already, now events starting there's even more fun!
Avatar art drawn by Duchesslunaire
Full Incense

Full Incense

Incense

(: 0)

An exotic-smelling incense that gives a feeling of being bloated.

Sells for 48,000

Lv. 100 — +59,133,708
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Normal
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature

QUOTE originally posted by Yandalf

Oh, and on another note, are there still any requirements in terms of trainer ranking to be eligible for events (I believe you had to be at least a rookie on PF1? ) or are events available for everyone now? :)
Ah, good point. You have to have completed the introductory Tutorial, but that's all.
Kieri's AvatarKieri
So I'm safe to assume that the chance of winning is 100/rank?
Stay hydrated~ Avatar by Squidacious [p]
Gøddest's AvatarGøddest
Apparently Just to remind you:I recalled a user in 2nd (99.9 percent) lose on of the event in pokefarm. You know, you will fall if your in top places too
"I wonder if I would also end up acting like that if I was faced with a weak opponent"

Pages: 123··· 151617

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page